At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Patients and guests begin their hospital experience in the most positive way possible when welcomed by a friendly, knowledgeable Greeter. Greeters immediately engage patients and guests, setting the tone for the visit. For the safety of our patients, guests and employees, Greeters will additionally act in a screening capacity; reviewing patient, guest and employee attestations; ensuring WDH masking and sanitizing procedures are completed as well as individual temperature taking.
a. Provide general information to patients, visitors, callers and hospital staff at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
b. Escorts patients and visitors to their destination or assists in wayfinding
c. Provide customer service in a friendly, calm, professional manner
d. Ensure that patients and visitors have a pleasant experience as they enter and exit the building by projecting an approachable, friendly and professional image
e. Maintain a general understanding of hospital events
f. Provide information about convenience services to patients and visitors. These services may include but are not limited to: postage/shipping, photocopying, using the kiosk, purchasing items from the gift shop, ordering flowers and gifts, dining suggestions, local destination information.
g. Support Gift shop function when needed
h. Acts in a screener role reviewing employee, patient and guest attestations; ensuring WDH masking and sanitizing procedures and temperature taking are completed.
. Answers phones and direct calls appropriately
a. Responds to emergencies as appropriate
b. Knowledgeable of organizational safety and evacuation procedures
c. Handles sensitive, private information with a high level of discretion.
d. Knowledge of ADA equipment and usage
e. Knowledge of clergy listing protocols
Experience Minimum Required
• Two years of customer service experience required.
• Ability to work and rotate shifts as needed from 5:00am - 9:00pm, 7 days a week.
• Prior hospital or hotel experience
Education Minimum Required
• High School diploma or equivalent
Training Minimum Required
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel required to be able to assist the Community Relations team with special projects and tasks
• Aptitude for learning new PC applications
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Excellent interpersonal skills, basic computer skills, and ability to engage people of all ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to interact and communicate clearly with patients, visitors, staff and physicians
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Knowledge of the local area
Apply on company website