Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Acts as a liaison between clinical staff and practice manager/providers to include representing clinical staff needs to the practice manager/providers, as well as practice manager/provider needs to the clinical staff, in order to ensure successful clinical operation.
o Responsible for relaying clinical related information to the practice manager/providers on a timely basis
o Responsible for forwarding issues of concern from the providers/clinical staff to Practice Manager on a timely basis
2. Maintains clinical supplies and equipment to include overseeing clinical staff member responsible for ordering of medical supplies.
o Maintains proper functioning of clinical/medical equipment
o Coordinates purchases, maintenance and repair of clinical/medical equipment including all approved capital purchases under the supervision of Practice Manager
o Adheres to all Wentworth-Douglass Health System (WDHS) policies governing the purchase of supplies and equipment
3. Coordinates provider schedules and patient appointments, which includes training clinical staff on the use of the practice management software and maintaining clinical staff knowledge of scheduling guidelines as dictated by the providers.
o Ensures clinical staff compliance to the scheduling guidelines (i.e., under no circumstances are patients to be scheduled to be seen in the officewhen a provider is not physically on-site within the practice)
o Responsible for ensuring appropriate clinical staff and provider coverage
o Responsible for ensuring that all clinical staff are aware of who the covering provider is and how he or she can be reached.
o Responsible for planning, developing, organizing and directing the day to day functions of clinical staff
o Identifies and resolves work-related problems and develops short and long-term plans that address the identified issues of clinical staff
4. Assists providers and clinical staff, as necessary, in assisting with clinical issues, coordinating patient tests, etc.
o Serves as a liaison communicating information between patients and providers as necessary
o Acts as a member of selected Wentworth-Douglass Hospital committees if requested
o Accurately performs Holter & Device Monitoring procedures to obtain quality test results and ensure optimum patient care.
5. Complies with and enforces all established WDHS policies, procedures and protocols as well as any department-specific policies and procedures as they relate to the job functions of the clinical staff.
o Participates and ensures full compliance, as appropriate, and is knowledgeable in fire, safety, disaster, infection control and other mandatoryprograms, including full compliance to applicable regulatory and Joint Commission guidelines
o Ensures confidentiality of financial and patient matters
o Establishes and maintains good communication and positive working relationships with providers, staff members, patients, visitors and other internal and external customers
6. Assists the Practice Manager in interviewing and selecting clinical candidates for employment
o Orients, and trains all clinical employees and is the designated preceptor for new clinical staff. Ensures preceptor coverage in the Clinical Lead's absence
o Directs, schedules and assigns work to clinical staff
o Solicits feedback from providers in order to make effective recommendations to the practice manager regarding personnel action including, but not limited to, hiring, transferring, suspending, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, or adjusting of grievances involving assigned personnel
o Complies with all Human Resources policies and procedures as they relate to personnel management
o Assists with preparation and conducting formal/informal performance evaluations and recommends appropriate merit increase involving staffmembers
o Assists with conducting timely introductory performance evaluations for new clinical employees (within ninety days of hire) and for completingtimely annual performance evaluations
7. Leads, plans, attends and actively participates in clinical meetings, provider meetings and hospital-wide committees or meetings as requested
o Attends at least 80% of all clinical staff and office staff meetings
o Solicits input for agenda items, assures accurate minutes are recorded, documented and distributed in a timely manner
8. Assists Practice Managers in reviewing Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey results on at least a quarterly basis.
o Shares relevant clinical information with clinical staff and providers within two weeks of new data becoming available
o Routinely incorporates discussion regarding Press-Ganey performance into regular clinical staff meetings
o Works with other members of the team to identify opportunities for improvement and documents plans of action to address any identified clinical issues
o Closely monitors the success of interventions and as needed will refine the necessary action steps in order to achieve improved performance.
o Assists with implementing timely action plans and ensuring full compliance and response to results from internal and/or external surveys
9. Assists and makes recommendations to the Practice Manager in the preparation of the annual clinical budget including all clinical capital purchases.
o Assists Practice Manager in monitoring monthly clinical budgetary performance
o Assists Practice Manager in the annual clinical budget
10. Implements processes that will facilitate and improve the team's efforts to manage and improve clinical outcomes for selectedpatient populations, other PI projects identified within the office.
o Assists Practice Manager in initiating performance improvement projects/processes for the practice in both clinical and administrative areas, using approved hospital methodologies as needed based on practice performance
o Assists Practice Manager in creating and implementing tracking mechanisms that are aimed at monitoring the monthly and on-going efficiency and proper workflow of the practice
o Fosters the personal and professional development of all clinical staff in relation to office efficiency and reliability
11. Must meet all aspects of Office Nurse - RN job description and performance standards.
o See job description and performance standards
12. In the absence of the manager, review all employee and provider timesheets for accuracy.
o Submits weekly timesheets (either manually or electronically) to the Payroll Department no later than 2:00 each Monday
o In the event of a Monday holiday, ensures that timesheets are reviewed for accuracy and submitted to the Payroll Department no later than 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday
13. Ensures clinical staff meet or exceed clinical competencies to function at the top of their license.
Experience Minimum Required
3-5 years of medical office experience
Experience as clinical leader; previous clinical coordinator role or equivalent, preferably primary care with pediatric experience
Education Minimum Required
Training Minimum Required
Special Skills Minimum Required
Working knowledge of Windows-based word processing programs, Microsoft Office, computers and office machines.
Knowledgeable of office procedures and protocols
Ability to make effective judgments and decisions based on objective criteria
Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal
Ability to give and receive information over the telephone
Ability to maintain order in a busy environment
Ability to operate independently with minimum supervision
Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
Ability to tactfully interact with diverse personalities
Professionalism when interacting with individuals at all levels.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
Apply on company website