The Seacoast Cancer Center at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital provides the most comprehensive program of medical and radiation oncology in the Seacoast of NH and Southern Maine. Our services include diagnostic testing, chemotherapy services, radiotherapy services, clinical trials and a full complement of support services designed to meet the specials needs of our patients and families.
The Cancer Registrar Lead supports the Cancer Registry Manager in the daily operations of the cancer registry ensuring adequate coverage, evaluating and monitoring quality metrics, and providing registry staff with educational opportunities and support based on the identified needs of new and accomplished registry staff. Serves as the subject matter expert in abstracting methodologies, NH State Cancer Registry rules and regulations, and industry conventions. The Cancer Registry Lead is an active member of the cancer committee in the role of the Cancer Registry Quality Coordinator and assists with meeting preparation as requested. Acts as a resource for the provision of registry data to support administration, marketing, quality, clinical trials and others for the purpose of community assessment, special studies and quality metrics. The Cancer Registry Lead supports the department with abstracting, follow-up, case-finding, and tumor conference activities as required
• Experience Minimum Required
• 3 years in a cancer registry position.
• Experience Preferred/Desired
• 3 years in a cancer registry lead position
Education Minimum Required
• Associates Degree in Medical Information or related to Health Care to include medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, computer skills, healthcare quality/performance improvement or equivalent experience.
• Education Preferred/Desired
• Associates Degree in Medical Information with advanced training in Cancer Registry Management or healthcare quality/performance improvement
• Bachelor's Degree in health care related field or with emphasis on health care.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Knowledge of most Microsoft Office Products at a level of moderate competency.
• Familiarity of cancer registry software, with special emphasis on Elekta Impac products.
• Familiarity with electronic medical records with special emphasis on EPIC Products and Elekta Impac Mosaiq.
• Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Certified Tumor Registrar
Apply on company website