About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
To ensure the regulatory reporting systems and control environment are managed in an effective and efficient way to support the US and local regulatory reporting obligations.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
- To ensure our regulatory reporting system delivers reliable data to meet our reporting obligations.
- To enhance our regulatory reporting infrastructure as necessary for new reporting regulations and business initiatives.
- Assisting in the planning, testing and implementation of projects, which affect the Regulatory Reporting & wider Finance team, including integration of business acquisitions.
- Build relationships with the underlying IT data providers to ensure all regulatory data attributes are correctly and adequately controlled and owned.
- User Acceptance Testing on all system enhancements.
- Ensure the department adheres to the relevant sections of the Governance and Oversight control framework, Finance System Infrastructure impact. This will cover ‘End User System Controls'.
- Participate in the review of the control environment, process documentation & quality assurance activities.
- Maintain the necessary documentation to support our understanding of how underlying systems interface into our reporting systems, including system flow charts and SOX-like documentation.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Qualified Accountant
- Financial products knowledge. Understanding the reporting implications within banking systems, previous banking experience.
- Extensive regulatory reporting knowledge – CoRep / UK liquidity reporting.
- UK statistical reporting knowledge.
- Exposure to regulatory reporting systems eg. FRS/ STB and an appreciation of the data attributes needed to meet UK and US regulatory reporting needs, understanding data flows & systems interfaces.
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel & Access. Able to develop efficient processes to automate and improve reporting.
- Strong academic background, qualified accountant.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Fast leaner with good problem solving skills.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Apply on company website