Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The applicant will join the Securities Division Quantitative Strategies Quant Team to lead in Interest Rates Options Derivative modeling. Additionally, we are looking for candidates with programming/development background to support the modeling libraries and work closely with technology to integrate and support them into production.
- Develop derivative quantitative models, implement these models in a cross asset model library, and produce high quality model documents that satisfy model validation and regulatory requests.
- Collaborate with and support Front office Trading, Technology Partners, and Model Validation/Governance teams.
- Leadership on mathematical modeling issues, but in a broader context as in the next steps.
- BAU desk pricing, planning and analytics support. This includes desk communication and prioritization, understanding business needs, communicate strongly and be able to interact with a number of external groups effectively: Model Validation, Market Risk, etc.
- Development of the Quant libraries. This includes reviewing code from her/his direct reports and other team-members, interacting and communicating effectively with technology partners, and being able to provide insight in library design issues.
- Mentoring junior quants in the team: we need a strong role model in terms of solid engineering, clear communication and team building attitude.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks
- 8+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- 8+ years of interest rate derivatives modeling experience
- 5+ years of quantitative development experience
- 5+ years of derivatives experience
- 3+ years of front office derivatives Quant model experience
- Master s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business, social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
- 3+ years of C++ experience
- 3+ years of interest rate derivatives modeling experience in term structure option models
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of financial mathematics, such as stochastic calculus
- Knowledge of capital market and derivatives products
- 5+ years of interest rate derivatives modeling experience in term structure option models
- 5+ years of supervisory or management experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website