At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Information Protection, Technology and Data T&V team within Enterprise Testing is responsible for planning and executing testing and validation reviews in accordance with Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Procedures.
The Information Protection, Technology and Data T&V is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for the oversight and execution of control testing and reviews for Privacy risks and adherence to regulatory and policy requirements.
The Operational Risk Manager 3 will focus on management of a team of testing professionals in the execution of risk and controls testing in accordance with the Independent Monitoring, Testing, and Validation Policy and Enterprise Testing Operating Procedures. This leader will be responsible for strategic test plan development, ensuring proper scope and coverage, and credibly challenging business partners in order to provide quality test results that improve business practices.
This individual will also have responsibility for managing project communications / reporting to leadership and will manage a broad range of professional relationships and key contacts across the enterprise.
This position reports directly to: the Head of Third Party, Privacy and Records Testing & Validation.
Other key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Establish, manage and execute targeted reviews (including horizontal reviews) to independently assess new, emerging, or significant risks around privacy risk management based on an ad-hoc or pre-defined frequency.
- Management of control testing to independently assess Front Line (business) adherence to Policy MRs and to evaluate effectiveness of processes, controls, or activities on a predefined, risk-based frequency.
- Ensuring test coverage and strategy is in accordance with required policies and procedures and provides comprehensive coverage of regulatory requirements, and related risks and controls.
- Ensure consistency in execution, and maintenance of a current testing schedule, including supervision and input in review scoping, monitoring progress of reviews and reporting on the results.
- The activities performed by the team will entail testing compliance with the requirements of the set of corporate Privacy policies while assisting in the identification of control breakdowns, unmitigated risks and aggregate findings, coordinating with other independent review programs to ensure adequate coverage and proper coordination
- Collaborate with other risk SMEs and T&V Groups across Corporate Risk and Enterprise Risk & Controls to develop coverage strategies taking into account new/updated regulatory guidance, standards, policies, etc. and in order to illustrate a comprehensive view on process and control effectiveness for the business.
- Report findings and provide recommendations to stakeholders.
- Participate in key initiatives and projects that impact Testing and Validation
- Facilitate an efficient and valued testing review process.
- Lead and inspire the Testing team and attract, develop, retain and maintain appropriate staff levels.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Please note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Strong knowledge of Privacy regulatory requirements and leading practices for risk mitigation in areas such as: US and Global Privacy rules (GDPR, EU Directive, GLBA, California Consumer Privacy Act, etc...), Privacy Notice Processing, Consent Requirements, State and Federal Notification Requirements, Privacy Breach Response, Privacy by Design.
- Experience with control testing strategies and methodologies; evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls; and identifying issues resulting from internal and/or external compliance examinations
- Experience creating high impact, executive level presentations covering complex technical topics in a succinct and effective manner
- Experience with risk management, compliance and control testing functionality of GRC systems such as RSA Archer
- Strong knowledge of FTC/FRB/OCC/FDIC regulatory guidance around data privacy risks and controls
- Working knowledge of technology and cyber risk and control topics such as data protection, encryption, data management, incident response as well as application architecture and design
- Experience evaluating effectiveness of processes, controls, or activities related to privacy risk on a predefined, risk-based frequency
- Experience providing credible challenge to business partners when necessary, with the ability to lead through influence
- Varied experience preferably successfully performed roles in both first and second line of defense
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website