About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website.
Market Job Description
- Ensure Financial Control and Regulatory Reporting policies and procedures for the EMEA branches and entities are consistent with Enterprise policies and procedures and enhanced as applicable to local requirements.
- Develop, document and maintain control processes across EMEA branches and entities to provide assurance that all policies and procedures are being adhered to and to self-identify control weaknesses together with proposed remediation steps.
- Ensure that all internal Enterprise level reporting as maintained in Oracle GL is US GAAP compliant and that all external and internal EMEA branch and entity reporting is compliant under local GAAP requirements.
- Liaise as required with internal and external auditors to ensure smooth running of audits and prompt follow up on issues arising.
- Adhere to the Governances and Oversight Framework
- Build and develop team to ensure appropriate financial reporting and control support for ongoing EMEA expansion plans.
- Assist the International Group Controller & EMEA CFO on ad hoc tasks and projects as required.
- Legal Entity Controller for WFBNA London Branch and other entities as required
- The position may require, as necessary, to hold registered positions for EMEA regulated entities in respect of oversight of financial & Regulatory controls - certified person for WFBNA -London Branch.
- Reporting and Regulatory oversight for Well Fargo EMEA region entities with a primary focus on WFBNA London branch, ensuring all applicable internal/external policies & procedures are adhered to in the preparation of financial and fiscal reports
- Lead, manage and develop the Financial and Regulatory Reporting team to promote individual career development whilst maintaining timely, efficient and effective delivery of financial reports that are relevant and meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders – including ensuring that reports are effectively presented in a variety of formats including verbal presentations.
- Partner with colleagues within and beyond International Controllers to effectively ensure the development and maintenance of appropriate documented control processes in accordance with relevant external requirements and internal policy to maintain the integrity of books and records.
- Leadership engagement with external auditors and internal functions to ensure smooth audits with no surprises and rapid resolution of controls issues.
- Primary engagement with HO and external advisors on technical accounting policy (both US and international GAAP as interpreted by internal policy) and providing interpretation and advice to business units and finance colleagues.
- Act as an agent of change to identify, promote and deliver on initiatives designed to generally improve the effectiveness and efficiency of delivering value-added financial reporting and associated controls and also promoting the use of financial information in decision-making forums
- Co-ordinate with all Finance functions (US-based, Cost & Management Reporting and Product Control) to ensure quality (no gaps) and efficiency (no overlaps) of Finance support of business activities of designated entities.
- Co-ordinate with and support business and other infrastructure groups (i.e. COO, Tax, HR, Compliance, Technology, Risk, Legal, Operations etc.) to ensure strong Finance contribution towards a complete support model with a focus on support and controlled growth objectives of the business units and effective, efficient processes
- Oversight of all regulatory reporting returns for London branch and an Asset management entity
- Under take effective root cause analysis to address re-occurrence of future reporting issues
- Manage a team of 10-20
In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required
Market Skills and Certifications
- Qualified Accountant
- Extensive Leadership experience with track record of developing a team
- Extensive Regulatory & Financial Reporting experience within both Banking and Capital Markets
- Experience of technology project implementations including leading finance contributor role
- Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to drive results and work independently within a team structure
- Regulatory interpretation expertise
- Team player with strong advocacy and interpersonal skills
- Change management skills
- Able to develop and create effective teams
- Team player
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Apply on company website