At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo's more than 70 million global customers.
The successful candidate will play a critical role as data scientist who applies advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on multiple real-time decision systems, conducts advanced data analysis and highly complex designs algorithm, and analyzes and interprets data from various sources mainly to monitor and proactively manage the compliant state of Wells Fargo Technology Infrastructure Core Engineering asset classes including Distributed Servers, Storage, Mainframe, Midrange, Database, Network and Data Center. The candidate will take previous hands-on experience in data science, data visualization, human computer interaction, user experience design, , web-based reporting, coding experience, data analytics, business analytics experience and compliance background to support this mission allowing the enterprise to effectively manage safety and soundness compliance variables and controls throughout the end-to-end asset lifecycle including patch compliance, vulnerability management, configuration drift management, data attribute quality, asset configuration accuracy and lifecycle currency.
The candidate must exhibit the ability to communicate ideas to all levels of the organization and must be capable of mentoring and overseeing junior developers. The ideal candidate will be a forward thinker, passionate technologist and expert in modern data science techniques and tools, and must be comfortable being at the forefront of a rapidly innovative software automation landscape and have the experience to operate across the enterprise technology infrastructure thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs; and working on complex problems.
- Solves complex business & strategic problems using advanced analytical and statistical techniques.
- Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence / big data /data science applications.
- Compiles reports, charts, and tables based on established statistical methods. Ensures that the use of business intelligence / big data / data science applications enhances business decision making capabilities.
- Develops and presents clear concise recommendations outlining alternatives and key decision criteria.
- Identifies and recommends new data sources that will maximize analytic output and create customized reports.
- Collaborates across the organization to develop solutions that drive business outcomes.
- Adding business intelligence reporting capability to create actionable reports and notification tools that can be leveraged by various infrastructure teams to manage the compliance of the enterprise and accurately monitor and reflect compliance / non-compliance status at the asset level
- Developing and implementing data attribute quality controls
- Assuring quality, security, and compliance requirements are met
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 3+ years of experience in advanced statistical models, machine learning or a combination of both
- 3+ years of experience tracking data, compiling/mining data from multiple cross business sources, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of Big Data experience
- 2+ years of Microsoft office suite experience such as PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
- 1 + year of experience developing reports within User Interface application
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 2 + years of statistical modeling experience using the R programming language
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- Experience with user centered design principles
- Knowledge and understanding of user life cycle and usability concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) methods: unit, load, system, user acceptance, and regression
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: user acceptance testing including: planning, strategy, script creation, and execution
- Ability to gather end-user requirements regarding reporting needs
- API programming experience with Perl, XML, REST or JSON
- Knowledge and understanding of technical documentation: development
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to identify root-cause issues/improvement opportunities, and design approaches/programs/products to improve overall quality assurance
- Knowledge and understanding of relational database concepts, querying, data warehousing, ETL process, requirements gathering and/or decision support tools
- Knowledge and understanding of operational risk management or compliance methods
- Strong desire for exploring, evaluating and understanding new technologies
- Proven success working in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical and strategic deliverables to meet time lines
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Apply on company website