Seeking a licensed, or soon to be licensed, Nursing Home Administrator to be Assistant Center Executive Director/Assistant Administrator at Waugh Chapel Center. Lovely facility located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland.
The Center Assistant Executive Director holds the second highest level position in the Center. He/she reports to the Center Executive Director. He/she assists the Center Executive Director with the administrative functions in the operation of the Center. The Center Assistant Executive Director takes responsibilities of the Center Executive Director in the absence of the Center Executive Director and at other times, as may be delegated. The Assistant may supervise, direct, and coordinate functions of one or more departments to assure that the highest degree of quality of care is consistently provided to the residents.
1. Contributes to creating an environment that has a reputation for high ethical standards;
2. Implements the QAPI process assure quality, safety and efficiency in clinical outcomes;
3. Collaborates with the Center Executive Director to develop, allocate and control the budget for the Department of Nursing Services;
4. Collaborates actively in the Center's business planning process;
5. Conducts periodic organizational assessments to identify nursing management succession planning issues and establish action plans;
6. Provides oversight and approves nursing department schedules to include position control and pay practices;
7. Collaborates with Center Executive Director to identify nursing care equipment/supplies required to meet the needs of the patients and assures that adequate supplies are available.
8. Implements and assures adherence to the organization's policies and procedures;
9. Performs other duties as requested.
1. Acts as Center Executive Director in absence of Center Executive Director;
2. Puts customer service first: Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes individuals' needs and rights;
3. Assists department managers in the development and use of company policies and procedures as well as assure that proper procedures are employed when department managers hire, counsel, discipline, and terminate employees;
4. Carries out tasks/responsibilities requested or assigned by Center Executive Director;
5. Leads relevant committee meetings, as assigned by Center Executive Director.
6. Models "The Promises," based on Company and Area guidelines.
7. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all Center residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also ensures that the Center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire, and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center's fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
8. Consults with department managers concerning the operation of their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services, then reports findings to Center Executive Director;
9. Performs all other duties as requested.
1. Fosters an environment in which each nursing team member practices to the top of her/his license, certification and/or skill set and role.
2. Builds and fosters trusting, collaborative relationships between and with staff, peers, other disciplines/professionals and ancillary services.
3. Provides an environment conducive to opinion-sharing and engages nursing team members in decision-making reflecting a shared governance model of leadership.
4. Assures effective recruitment, interview processes, hiring, on-boarding, and orientation for all nursing team members;
5. Assesses and appraises nursing team members' engagement and strengths, supports each
6. nursing team member's development of career plans and coaches nursing team members in their professional development;
7. Creates an environment that recognizes and values diversity;
8. Develops, collaborates with and supervises the Nurse Practice Educator to assure her/his effective, ongoing development of nursing practice and engagement through education, training and frontline coaching;
9. Assures that Personnel policies and procedures are implemented consistently and correctly;
10. Applies corrective discipline and/or coaching when needed to mitigate workforce performance and behavior issues;
11. Collaborates with the Center Executive Director to develop, implement, evaluate and update People Plans.
1. Maintains a working knowledge of current clinical practice and the regulatory requirements affecting that practice and exhibits the value of continuous learning;
2. Determines the workforce/staffing model for the Nursing department necessary to meet the nursing needs of the patients;
3. Oversees implementation and evaluation of the staffing model to assure high quality, cost- effective care;
4. Implements, evaluates and develops an effective nursing practice model to meet the needs of diverse patient populations;
5. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments and professionals to provide timely, safe and effective care consistent with individuals' needs, choices and preferences;
6. Ensures there are safe, coordinated and thorough admission and discharge planning processes in place;
7. Organizes and leads effective clinical meetings, rounds, shift to shift communication and huddles to assure effective patient/resident outcomes.
8. Contributes to a learning organization culture through ongoing professional development and support of nursing staff to pursue continuous professional development.
1. Creates a culture of Service Excellence which focuses on the patient experience, and is responsive to patients/families concerns and grievances;
2. Models effective patient/resident and family-centered communication and coaches staff in service-oriented communication;
3. Provides service recovery directly when needed and directs/coaches team members in service recovery for dissatisfied customers;
4. Ensures that patient's attending physician and family or responsible party are promptly notified of any significant change in the patient's health condition;
5. Fosters professional relationships with community, regulators/surveyors, payors, and referral sources.
6. Actively develops relationships and strategies for collaboration with hospitals/health systems and home health/hospice and community providers to promote value based care delivery.
1. Complies with and promotes adherence to applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance and Ethics Program, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Assists with providing leadership and support for the Compliance and Ethics Program within management area.
3. Attempts to resolve any compliance issues brought to his/her attention, and reports all significant compliance issues to the Center Executive Director and/or Compliance Officer, and assists in their resolution in any way necessary.
4. Ensures timely and accurate reporting and responses to compliance and HIPAA-related issues and monitors the implementation of corrective action plans related to such issues.
5. Ensures that staff participates in orientation and training programs including but not limited to all required compliance courses and relevant policies and procedures, and that such training is properly documented. Participates in compliance and other required training programs.
6. Provides open lines of communication regarding compliance issues within management area and access to the Integrity Line, and ensures that retaliation against staff who report suspected incidences of non-compliance does not occur. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Genesis Compliance Line.
7. Participates in education, monitoring and auditing activities and investigations, and implementing quality assurance and performance improvement processes, as required.
8. Completes performance reviews and determines compensation and promotions based on the accomplishment of established standards that promote adherence to compliance and qualitystandards.
9. Prepares compliance reports as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Licensed or able to be licensed according to state regulations and must attend continuing education as required. 2. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs. 3. Nursing Home Administrator license in the state of Maryland
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 335191
Center Name: Waugh Chapel Center
Apply on company website