Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
As a People Support Center Supervisor, you will oversee a team of People Support Center Specialists who provide first level support across a variety of functions within the People Support Center. Functions include, but are not limited to; People Support (inquires on policy and process, transactions, etc.), Leave Administration, Talent Acquisition Administration and Onboarding, and Sales Compensation Administration. You will ensure the efficient and effective operation of your direct team, including virtual members. Provide functional expertise and specialized process administration to address escalated complex inquiries.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager, People Support Center.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Evaluates and anticipates work volume and assign/distributes work among the staff accordingly.
- Serves as an escalation point for difficult cases and service complaints that cannot be resolved by a team member.
- Coaches, trains and motivates staff to maximize their potential and performance.
- Interprets and communicates direction and goals for department.
- Sets achievable goals that are linked to the objectives of the organization.
- Adheres to all internal WM policy and external laws/regulations as related to Employee Records Administration.
- Assists with internal and external audit procedures and protocols.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the cross functional processes within the HR organization.
- Oversee and direct the people services team to ensure that employee cases are handled accurately and effectively.
- Participates in project teams responsible for organizational and process reengineering to improve business efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Build and maintain cross functional relationships that improves collaboration and key decision making that aids in the delivery of a world class employee experience.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of related experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Preferred: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential, PHR Certification, etc.
- Intermediate Microsoft excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to monitor and report out on departmental KPIs and Metrics.
- Experience in shared service / call center environment.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
- Frequent travel outside of your area is possible.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website