Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
Supervises the activities of the Market Area's Inside Sales Team and provides a level of experience/expertise in the sale of Waste Management services to customers resulting in additional revenue.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and reinforces the corporate sales strategy and design with the Inside Sales Team.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction on all sales transactions. Communicates to and work with the Market Area Sales Manager to help resolve escalated or unique customer issues.
- Supervises activities of the Inside Sales Department. Ensures team members meet or exceed sales call activity goals for new sales, lead generation and contact productivity.
- Forecasts and recruits qualified candidates for available and/or upgraded Inside Sales Team positions.
- Executes ongoing training that provides both formal training and informal coaching sessions to Inside Sales Representatives. Encourages feedback and is available to answer questions, provide direction and/or offer assistance when needed.
- Participates in training and coaching the Inside Sales staff.
- Sets up and maintains accurate customer records for all customer interactions. This includes prospect data, contracts, orders and service machine documentation.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 10-20 full-time employees, including:
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited), in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 2 years business-to-business sales experience, plus 2 years in direct business-to-business sales. Internal experience may be required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
- Candidates must be able to: build relationships, communicate with impact, demonstrate professionalism, demonstrate leadership/coaching, make sound decisions, think strategically, produce results, know the business, influence and negotiate, manage work/time, and use ethical practices.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website