Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Waste Management has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst. The area of responsibility will include the post collections operations for NYC, NJ & PA.
I. Job Summary
Applies advanced principles of finance to analyze financial and non-financial information.
Area of responsibility consists of approximately 24 business units
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Prepares, analyzes and interprets complex financial and non-financial information and recommends improvement opportunities to local, middle and senior management.
- Participates, facilitates and interprets for senior management operating results that include but are not limited to budget goals, cost reduction efforts, corporate initiatives and other identified opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes significantly to key project development, planning and implementation.
- Develops, manages and/or participates in action plans to facilitate the implementation and monitoring of operating directives.
- Directs, manages and conducts special and ad hoc information requests. Reports results of findings to market areas, groups and corporate offices.
- Facilitates communication and understanding between the field finance and operations functions and corporate Profit & Budget Analysis.
- As requested, may participate in conducting major bid and project reviews, including directing pro forma preparation and financial sensitivity analysis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Direct reports consisting of 4 full time Accountants
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years previous experience (in addition to education requirement).
- Previous experience in the logistics or waste industries preferred
- Previous experience with capital expenditures, budgeting and forecasting required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- CPA preferred
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Strong communcation skills, ability to present to senior leadership team
- Strategic planning abilities
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to lead a team of Accountants
- Ability to travel within the market area
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.
Apply on company website