Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.I. Job Summary Conducts complex quality assurance tests and analysis to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Performs advanced development and execution of test cases. II. Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Handles complex or ambiguous quality assurance issues and works with internal IT staff to determine resolutions.
- Drafts and revises complex testing documentation (including plans, conditions, and scripts).
- Executes advanced tests according to established plans and scripts, documents problems in an issue log, and retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
- Plans and schedules user acceptance and alpha and beta testing schedules.
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to enhance the effectiveness of quality assurance strategies.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four years of relevant experience.
- Experience: Five years of relevant experience and one year experience in a leading role (in addition to education requirement).
- None required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- QA testing, system design and analysis
- Hands-on experience in developing QA plans and test cases.
- QA methodologies, procedures, and documentation.
- Quality Center software processes and procedures.
- Quick Test Pro (QTP) automation experience.
- Project Management.
- Training and communication skills
- Query tools, SQL and Toad
- Expertise in all aspects of the software development lifecycle in a structured environment.
- Understands project risk, particularly from a quality perspective.
- Web application development, imaging technology.
- Subject matter knowledge of general business operations (HR, Finance).
- Various databases, applications, and technologies including but not limited to: Peoplesoft, AS400, Visual Basic, web applications and Cloud Computing, CRM, SalesForce, ETL, Informatica, GIS, GPS, ESP, and other reporting tools.
- Ability to oversee functional business process and technical testing services for designated software and business process development projects, and externally developed projects from initiation to implementation.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Apply on company website