Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This position is directly responsible for meeting recycling goals outlined in assigned municipal contracts or as assigned by the manager. The Representative will have a thorough understanding of WM service offerings and be able to utilize WM relationships and resources to achieve municipality recycling and sustainability goals.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Thoroughly understands the WM contract; develops and implements programs to achieve and surpass contractual metrics.
- Understands which behaviors have the most impact on diversion rates/recycling outcomes and is able to make innovative yet credible and implementable recommendations to the wide variety of municipal stakeholders. Takes the lead in developing solutions; is a thought leader.
- Designs and delivers educational programs and presentations focused on achieving sustainability goals and driving awareness of WM efforts in the community. Is able to understand customer base and customize programs/presentations to customer needs.
- Conducts site surveys and waste audits in order to make credible recommendations to customers based on sound business rationales. Knows Area specific capabilities per district and ensures that recommendations are in alignment with operational capacity - current and planned.
- Understands customer needs and how to formulate suggestions and proposals in ways that meet customer needs. Has the WM product knowledge necessary in order to recommend upsell of other solutions that may meet customer needs.
- Uses WM knowledge and relationships to ensure flawless execution of WM service delivery.
- Has a deep understanding of WM's overall business and strategy and demonstrates support of WM's strategic goals consistently.
- Works as a team with Public Sector Sales to assist in creating overall strategy for the municipality and contract.
- Provide customer facility tours on an as needed basis
- Cultivates and improves community partnerships by attending and participating in public events, meetings and other programs on behalf of the recycling organization.
- Prepares and files various reports for internal and external use, such as recycling program analysis.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited) in Environmental Science, Resource Management, Education, Public Administration or a related field, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: No previous work experience required (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid Driver License and reliable transportation
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Demonstrated expertise and skills in environmental, sustainability and/or education fields.
- Adept at understanding meaning of contract language.
- Organized and able to implement strategies and plans effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert small and large group presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of WM products and operations.
- Aware and adaptable in communication styles.
- Able to use influencing skills with community stakeholders, customers and internally within WM.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website