Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT
Join the Waste Management team today. You'll develop a career focused on positive change and advancement. You'll be part of a dynamic team, grow as a leader, and earn amazing benefits. Waste Management: It's not trash; it's a dependable job you can make into a career.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Competitive Pay
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Employee Discount programs
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
***Work hours are: 2pm – 11pm Monday - Friday****
About the Job
As a Plant Operations Supervisor you'll supervise daily operations in order to improve production, maintain costs, and ensure safety. You'll also ensure work environments are in compliance with all safety guidelines, initiate best practices for productivity and resolve any production issues. This role will supervise and mentor 45-50 FTE and temporary workers. You're the backbone of the operation and will motivate your team to grow and succeed.
What Does It Take to Be a Plant Operations Supervisor
Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
· Associate degree or a high school diploma/GED and four (4) years of relevant work experience
To be successful as a Plant Operations Supervisor you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Manages daily (plant) operations
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Manages (plant) logistics and materials; supervises daily production;
- Supervises production staff and coordinates workflow and assignments toward the achievement of operational goals.
- Oversees operations personnel needs including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Participates in termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Investigates, reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or MRF.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
About our Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, "Apply” today!
Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website