Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Industrial Dewatering Operator II is primarily responsible for operating and maintaining process equipment at a refinery. This person will be required to safely operate dewatering equipment such as thermal desorption technology, centrifuge technology and/or chemical treatment. This person is also responsible for oversight of more junior level operators.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensures environmental, health and safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists job site construction, providing coordination and leadership support as required.
- Operates, maintains, and verifies that equipment is in working order by performing routine inspections and performing basic preventative maintenance tasks with hand tools.
- Directs and trains junior level operators.
- May support operations in multiple locations.
- Records and maintains daily operations and preventive maintenance logs.
- Troubleshoots operations and maintenance via phone.
- Perform basic lab procedures and sampling of materials
- May be required to operate other material handling equipment
- May be required to do other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties but may act as a lead for junior level technicians.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: One (1) year of experience with dewatering process operations (in addition to education requirement).
- Preferred Experience: Prior experience operating a centrifuge is strongly preferred.
- TWIC Card or the ability to obtain such within 30 days of employment, if required for project
- Basic electrical and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Must not be color blind and have depth perception.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and wear respirator, if required for project.
- Must be willing to work around foul odors for extended periods of time.
- Computer proficiency skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Set up and operations of PLC systems.
- Must have the ability to operate an all-terrain forklift.
- Must have the ability to read and understand established environmental, operational and safety procedures.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Will be required to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects heavier than 50 pounds frequently;
- Required to be on your feet for extended periods of time, work on uneven surfaces and climb stairs and latter's;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently;
- May be required to pass site-specific testing which may include a hair follicle drug screen, alcohol test and/or additional background screening.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website