Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
super strength, strong skills and ready to make green your thing?
The Opportunity: Do you love working on machines? Do you want to work with the latest technologies and modern practices? Are you looking to build your career? Start your career today and join the Waste Management family as a Diesel Technician. You'll be trained to provide superior maintenance on diesel equipment and CNG trucks (varies by location). You'll work independently on equipment that requires a high level of skill: hydraulics, electrical and diagnostics. You'll troubleshoot, repair and rebuild major components on vehicles and equipment. Keep reading to learn if you're a fit for our team and more about Waste Management's outstanding benefits program.
Some Basic Requirements:
· Two (2) years mechanical experience and perform work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs)
· Experience with natural gas vehicles and ASE certification (preferred)
· Possess skills in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures during repairs and servicing of vehicles and equipment
· Experience with computer vehicle electronic systems
· Ability to provide estimates for time and material costs on vehicle repairs
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY? WE INVEST IN YOU!
We'll provide you with a competitive salary and a top-notch benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability. You can participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), a fantastic company match on 401K, and more! You'll also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
The Company: Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
READY TO SUCCEED?
Don't delay and apply today!
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license and must have a clean driving record.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- If a CDL is a requirement for a specific posting, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) often;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements often;
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website