Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
- The Financial Analyst III is a key member of the Finance department and will work cross functionally with other teams to analyze trends, forecast, create metrics and perform analysis to support financial and operational business decisions as well as evaluate financial investment opportunities.
The Financial Analyst III is located in Houston, Texas and reports to the Director, Corporate Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Deliver analysis-based insights to senior management to guide business decisions regarding proposed projects.
Prepare, analyze and interpret complex financial and non-financial information and recommend actions to middle and senior management.
Track issues to resolution within department and in partnership with other groups.
Recommend changes, updates, and processes for continuous improvement in areas of expertise.
Manage and conduct special and ad hoc analysis.
Facilitate communication and understanding between key field finance and operations personnel and Corporate Finance.
As requested, lead a variety of financial, operational and strategic evaluations as they relate to proposed initiatives.
As requested, may participate in conducting major contract bid and acquisition reviews, including pro forma preparation and financial sensitivity analysis.
- This job has no supervisory duties.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree a High School Diploma or GED (accredited) AND 5 years of relevant work experience. – Required 5+ years of experience, with 3+ years of recent experience as a Financial Analyst utilizing data management such as BI
- Strong analytic background of understanding data and providing insights in a clearly and concisely.
- Strong understanding of data management (SQL, Essbase, ODBC connections, Access, VBA, Excel) and use of business intelligence tools(Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.)
- Excellent communication is a key to success
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- CPA - Preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification - Preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
- Customer-focused change agent with demonstrated leadership, collaboration, communication, influencing and organization management/development skills
- Team player who can work within a matrix organization to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to develop and build strong relationships and facilitate changes in systems and processes to support internal and external customers; has quickly evaluated a complex system and identified problems and potential solutions
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to execute and implement
- Demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships in diverse business environment
- Possess good financial acumen and operational expertise
Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website