Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs various routine duties, housekeeping, clean-ups and a wide variety of skilled mechanical duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and modify mechanical equipment and facilities.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Fills in various areas due to overloads or absences.
- Performs basic electrical and carpentry work.
- Weekend Compliance.
- Plans and lays out work using blueprints, drawings, and general instructions.
- Performs maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and repairing a wide variety of equipment.
- Repairs systems requiring the isolation and replacement of pumps.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Fabricates and weld parts as required including pipes, equipment and structural steel.
- Does plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and electrical repair or installation as required.
- Provides assistance, training, and leadership to mechanics with less experience.
- Perform special projects and other duties, such as writing preventative maintenance instructions from manufacturers specifications.
- Complete necessary forms and records.
- Operates Heavy Equipment or other company vehicles (examples manlift, rough terrain, forklift) as needed.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Four years relevant work experience and/or training
- Certificates: May be required for operating specific equipment
- Current valid Driver's License
- NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
- Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test
- Proficiency in welding techniques; knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing equipment; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of equipment; skill in repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on a variety of equipment; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) All of work day; most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than __ pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, etc) frequently; rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently: rarely;
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Apply on company website