Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages the full fleet of primary and secondary equipment within the assigned area, in alignment with corporate objectives. Span of Control: 3 locations and 50 assets
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Continually focuses on achieving market base profitability through effective management of all fleet and maintenance activities within the assigned area, including cost control, employee development, and high training and safety standards.
- Reviews capital equipment requisitions in line with Corporate guidelines and objectives.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Manages effective utilization of vehicle assets.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met.
- Ensures maintenance shops are adequately staffed and mechanics are properly trained.
- Ensures vehicle management systems are effectively utilized.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management's Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Meets all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the maintenance shops through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Conducts and/or attends and contributes to periodic driver/safety meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among all employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Provides training and presentations as needed in a positive and professional manner.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 5 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) or High School Equivalency and three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant work experience as well as experience in a supervisory role (in addition to education requirement)
- Applicable experience may be substituted for education requirements.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Apply on company website