Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Looking for a new career? Seeking a position where you can do local travel Do you enjoy doing work not just behind the wheel? Looking for a company that values safety first Are you tired of doing the same thing,looking for an opportunity to grow? If this sounds like you, Waste Management has the perfect match for you! Concrete truck and Heavy Equipment Operator experience a plus. Apply and check your email for a request to conduct your phone screen.
About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.What We Offer You
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Recognition and Rewards and more! And we offer weekly paychecks! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
- Pay: $18/hour
- Benefits after 90 days!
Work Schedule: Early morning starts at 3AM, 10-12 hour work days. Five day work week. Overtime allowed. Average 45-50 hours a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, streets, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement.
- Ensures the number of containers on the route reconciles to the service level listed on service list.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required when excessive yardage must be removed.
- Positions and returns containers on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced. enclosure doors are closed and secured, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
· Education: Not required
· Must have at least 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years
· Must be at least 21 years of age
· Legally eligible to work in the United States.
· Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
· Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
· All drivers will have hands on and virtual training
· Waste or garbage industry experience a plus
· Commercial, front end load truck driving experience a plus
· Dump truck or concrete truck experience a plus
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
- This position is physically located at the Waste Management site in Wilmington, NC.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than _ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to _ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the work day
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Apply on company website