Why work for Waste Management?
STABILITY. GREAT PAY. ADVANCEMENT.
When you drive for WM, you join a team of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe.
Why should you apply? We invest in you!
- Competitive Pay (based on experience)
- Be home every night and weekend
- Industry-leading health insurance
- Yearly boot allowance, uniforms, safety vests and protective eye wear
- Paid vacation after 90 days
- Two weeks of off-site professional training
- 401(K) + company match
- An opportunity to work with an empowering workforce and career advancement
About the Job As a Residential Driver, you'll operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. You will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when your truck has reached the legal load capacity. Safe driving is crucial as you'll maneuver your truck in residential environments and navigate high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
Take a glimpse into the day-to-day of a WM Driver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ED8z3LYAdY
Essential Duties and Responsibilities To be successful as a residential driver, you'll be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Operate truck in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Pre- and post-trip inspections of your truck and document checks using the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Immediately report all unsafe situations or service related issues to your Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attend and participate in training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by your Route Manager.
- Communicate customer requests to your Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dump all receptacles and leave the customer's location clean and free of debris.
- Follow your route assignments and completes end of day documentation / check out process.
- Perform duties as scheduled by your Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers to meet customer needs.
What Does It Take to be a Driver? Below are the minimum qualifications to be a fit for this job.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License with an air-brake endorsement.
- 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- You'll handle objects more than 50 pounds frequently.
- You'll have to push, pull, bend, twist and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- You'll be exposed to a physical, outdoor environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Benefits At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability, as well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
About WM Waste Management (WM) is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website