Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Call Center, Inside Sales Representative I
At Waste Management, we are looking for people who are committed to listening to our customers, understanding their needs and providing solutions.
The Opportunity: As an Inside Commercial Representative (ICR), you'll be responsible for taking a high volume of inbound calls, assisting current customers and closing new customer sales. You'll be the customers' primary contact, maintaining a strong customer relationship and handling service requests while earning monthly monetary incentives for closing new business.
Customer Service Representatives must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, in a conversational manner. The ability to work well within a fast-paced, corporate environment is a must.
To ensure we can handle our customers' needs, our employees must be punctual, dependable and reliable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to complete a mandatory 6-week paid training
- Two (2) or more years of customer service or call center experience
- High school diploma or GED
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is top priority. Currently, most of our representatives are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will work with a blended approach remotely and in-office based on business needs. A requirement to working remotely is the ability to do the job in a designated work area in your home. You must live within driving distance of the in-office location at 2625 W Grandview Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85023 to have the ability to commute to the location as needed.
Our new hires will be provided with all computer/laptop components, including a keyboard, mouse and a headset to work remotely.
To work remotely, the following will be required:
· Appropriate workspace in your home, private/semiprivate home-office space free of distractions and background noise.
· Hardwired high-speed internet (broadband internet with a speed of 50 mbps or faster).
- A workspace with adequate furnishings (e.g., a desk and chair) and lighting.
- Live within driving distance of the Phoenix, AZ Office and able to regularly commute to and from the office location as needed.
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 5:00 am – 7:00 pm with some shifts that may work on Saturday's.
Our Investment in You:
Our employees benefit from an extensive paid training program to learn policies and procedures and receive on-the-job coaching and training. This allows our employees to be well-prepared to assist our customers.
We'll provide you with a competitive salary and a top-notch customizable benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program,
- Excellent Company Match on 401K (no vesting period)
- And more!
Ready to Succeed?
If you have a passion for helping people and creating a great customer service experience, then join us and make a career out of making a difference.
About Waste Management: Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Apply on company website