Pharmacy Technician I, Specialty Pharmacy Services, PRN
SCHEDULE: 1st shift (operating hours 8a-5p, rotating shifts between 7a-6p)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Assists pharmacists in the preparation of prescriptions, waiting on and proactively calling customers, operation of cash register, inventory monitoring, and third party processing. Attends periodic area meetings. Attends required in services and skills development courses. Is expected to uphold the hospital's five key values and to be a team player at all times. May be cross-trained for coverage in other retail pharmacy locations and other pharmacy practice settings.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Technology course preferred.
- One year previous pharmacy experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- PTCB technician certification (CPhT) preferred.
- North Carolina Board of Pharmacy registration required within 30 days of employment.
- PTCB technician certification (CPhT) within 90 days of employment.
1. Assists the pharmacist in preparing and processing medication orders/prescriptions to ensure that patients and departments receive medications when needed and are accurately charged for services.
2. Works cooperatively with others and organizes daily workflow to optimize output.
3. Assists with stock maintenance to ensure that quality in-date drug products and supplies are available when needed.
4. Provides pharmacy service to the patient care areas.
5. Participates in the team approach to quality improvement to support the Pharmacy Department's commitment to the philosophy and principles of Total Quality.
6. Maintains updated knowledge and skills and contributes to the education of others.
7. Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement efforts and contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives.
8. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
9. Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
- Strong emphasis on basic math skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to talk with patients/caregivers and others to obtain and provide information in a professional manner.
- Solid typing and computer skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be a courteous, dependable, customer-oriented team player with a good performance record and excellent attendance record.
- A professional demeanor, positive attitude, and excellent phone etiquette is essential.
- Should be able to work quickly and accurately in a very active environment and make good decisions independently when necessary.
- Applicant must have good interpersonal and organizational skills and be open and appropriately responsive to constructive evaluation of work performance and opportunities for quality improvement.
- Typing and computer skills are necessary for prescription processing.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus.
- Must be committed to excellent customer service and teamwork.
- Subject to many interruptions and fast-paced environment
- Moderate stress level
- Possible exposure to potentially hazardous and toxic substances
- Noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, robot, hoods, and oral communication
- Potential exposure to infections and contagious diseases
- Possible exposure to the risk of bloodborne pathogens and/or airborne pathogens
- Possible exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to cytotoxic (chemotherapeutic) agents
- Potential for criminal activity (robbery, etc.)
- Subject to changes in work schedules and areas to meet customer/department needs
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Apply on company website