Full Time - 1st Shift
JOB SUMMARY: Performs tests and analyzes body fluids to provide vital clinical information that leads to diagnosis and/or medical treatment of the patient. Performs appropriate procedures according to well-defined age-specific standards.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Eligible for Medical Technologist certification (ASCP) or equivalent certification.
1. Assures accurate and timely performance of patient procedures and/or issuance of blood products.
2. Assures accurate and timely performance of results reporting, QC and QA procedures according to departmental policy.
3. Follows proper safety and identification procedures when dealing with patients and/or specimens under any circumstance or environment.
4. Improves work skills through self-study and continuing education.
5. Contributes to the smooth and efficient operation of the section and department.
6. Protects self, coworkers and facility by following approved policies and procedures to prevent the spread of bloodborne and/or airborne diseases.
7. Exhibits and promotes the professional image of laboratories in accordance with hospital, department, and professional society philosophies, goals and standards of laboratory testing.
8. Performs all job related procedures as defined in applicable procedure manuals.
9. Provides age appropriate specimen collection in accordance with age specific guidelines for school age, adolescents, early adults, middle adults and/or late adults.
10. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
Ability to listen and communicate effectively
Technical ability and interest
Basic computer skills
Ability to work cooperatively
May require working any shift in a 24-hour period, 7 days/week including holidays and possibly taking call
Exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens or patients
Exposure to risk of blood borne/airborne diseases
Possible exposure to odorous chemicals and specimens
Moderate noise environment
Subject to injury from sharps
Subject to many interruptions and stressful situations
Must wear protective equipment (gloves, gowns/lab coats, eye protection, face protection)
Exposure to hazards for electrical/mechanical/power equipment
May require judgment/action which could result in death of patient
Occasionally subject to irregular hours
Contact with patients under a wide variety of circumstances
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
This job qualifies for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements.
Apply on company website