Wake Forest Health Network Family Medicine in Ashe County, a quiet mountain community in North Carolina seeks a physician to join their reputable practice of two physicians and two nurse practitioners. This is an excellent opportunity to take over a well- established patient base, as the practice seeks to replace a physician retiring in late 2020 after 31 years. Enjoy the tranquility and recreation of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the family culture of a community practice with the support of a nationally recognized academic medical center.
- Outpatient Only
- Practice hours M – F 7:30am – 5:30 pm
- Providers work four, ten-hour days.
- After hours telephone-only call 1:3, very light
- MD/DO, BC/BE in Family Medicine
- Successful record of clinical and service excellence
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Recruitment Bonus
- 403(b) Retirement plan with generous match
- Company paid short-term disability with salary continuation and long-term disability
- Employee, dependent & supplemental life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Paid parental leave and adoption assistance
- Medical Malpractice
- CME allowance
- Paid license and professional dues
- Employed opportunity
Because of its cool mountain climate, friendly people, and charming towns and scenery, Ashe County is known as “The Coolest Corner” of North Carolina. Ashe County offers hiking, biking, fishing, canoeing on the New River, golf, antiquing, gallery hopping, Bluegrass music, and a vibrant arts community. Our award winning schools, safe communities, and recreation on the Blue Ridge Parkway make this a great place to live in each stage of life. The practice is approximately 30 minutes away from ski slopes and Boone, 45 minutes from Wake Forest Wilkes Regional Medical Center, and two hours to Charlotte.
https://thecoolestcorner.com/ (Virtual Tour)
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a nationally recognized academic medical center in Winston-Salem, N.C., with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities.
Wake Forest Health Network is the physician-led, non-faculty division of Wake Forest Baptist Health, extending its reach to over 120 practices in 30 communities across central and western North Carolina. The Network includes 400 physicians and advanced practice providers representing a wide range of specialties. We are an advanced Accountable Care Organization with more than 8 years of experience with mature value based contracts. We provide wraparound service for patients according to their needs and risk stratification, including nurse navigation, pharmacist support, social work hub services and a patient care advocate team to close gaps in care. Our team based care model also includes clinic based scribes and encounter specialists, allowing physicians to focus on direct medical care for their patients.
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to achieving diversity among its faculty and staff. We invite interested candidates, who meet the qualifications, to send their curriculum vitae to:
Cindy Leonard, Physician Recruitment Leader
POSITION PROFILE: Physician – Family Practitioner
JOB SUMMARY: The Physician – Family Practitioner provides comprehensive care to patients of all ages with various medical conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide preventive care and managing chronic and complex conditions.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results.
- Coordinates care with other medical professionals.
- Provides care for the “whole” patient, including mental and emotional needs.
- Strives to build long-term relationships with their patients.
- Provides information and techniques to help patients take control of their health.
- Focuses on preventing illness as well as treating it.
- May have teaching and/or supervising duties of residents, medical students, or Advanced Practice Professionals.
- May have administrative duties.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor's Degree. Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy Degree.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Education and/or equivalent experience as a MD.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION AND/OR REGISTRATION: Current or pending Licensure as a physician in the State of North Carolina. Approved for practice as a physician by the North Carolina Board of Medical Examiners. Board Certification in specialized field. Credentialed by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Advanced clinical assessment skills for specialty area.
- Ability to make sound and timely decisions.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with others.
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
Reaching with arms
Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling
20 lbs. maximum
50 lbs. maximum
100 lbs. maximum
1. Subject to highly stressful situations
2. Moderate noise environment
3. Clean, well lit, and comfortable climate
4. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases
5. May be exposed to radiation hazards
6. Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
7. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
8. Subject to many interruptions
9. Subject to irregular hours
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Apply on company website