Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist's two main components are an integrated clinical system – anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem – that includes Brenner Children's Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
Under general supervision, the Administrative Support Associate II assists in a variety of moderately complex administrative matters for a department/program/clinic. Maintains cooperative working relationships and an open line of communication with other departments and members of the Medical Center. Resolves problems to improve customer service. Assists with the organization of the leadership?s time and maintains accurate schedules. Additional responsibilities include, compiling information, creating spreadsheets, drafting communications and preparing written documents using Microsoft Word, Excel and other programs.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required and one year of related experience. Associate's degree preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Maintains leadership?s or departmental calendar(s). This includes making appointments, arranging meetings, scheduling departmental activities, and arranging travel. Makes arrangements for facilities and audiovisual equipment as needed. Facilitates operational details of department/program/clinic.
- Responsible for screening and referring callers, taking messages, and routing calls according to procedures. Uses organizational familiarity and discretion to address concerns and escalates to direct supervisor as needed. Provides detailed responses to information requests about programs and activities.
- Prepare routine to moderately complex correspondence, agendas, proposals, course materials, schedules, articles, meeting minutes, reports and other materials. Reviews materials for accuracy and correct format.
- Provides requested information for special reports/projects by researching files and records, retrieving stores data, compiling data, organizing and presenting information in a usable format, such as graphs, tables and charts.
- Assists with business-related financial duties such as tracking accounts, producing financial reports, and providing budget preparation support.
- Prepares, processes and maintains office operational records, such as payroll, purchasing and requisitions.
- Organizes work activities to ensure completion on time.
- Resolves problems to improve customer service.
- Creates and maintains accurate files.
- Facilitates departmental communication.
- Maintains inventory and supplies for department/program/clinic.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work well with numbers and statistics
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Clean, well lit, comfortable, office environment
- May be subject to interruptions
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Apply on company website