VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future.
The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it's an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it's a Volkswagen thing. Role Summary:
Treasury Accounting & Liquidity Specialist performs a key role within the North American Regional Treasury Center (RTC Herndon). This unique position will require an individual to split their time primarily between two crucial functions:
- Liquidity Planning - Provide analysis & recommendations for assigned subsidiaries. This role requires close coordination within RTC Herndon (operations & liquidity planning) and VWAG Group Treasury.
- Treasury Accounting – Oversee Hedge Accounting tasks & monitor hedging within the region. We are looking for an individual to leverage their accounting expertise to act as the subject matter expert for all treasury accounting related activities and to perform a consultative type role supporting our affiliates in the region.
- Responsible for managing the three month liquidity forecast (daily basis) for assigned Group entities within the North American Region
- Develop and maintain a 12-month rolling forecast in coordination with the respective Controlling department.
- Work Independently with Controlling, Accounting, Customs, Tax, Logistics, and other departments to maintain a high level of liquidity forecasting accuracy.
- Create forecast vs. actuals analysis to determine if any measures are needed for improvement of planning quality.
- Communicate to senior management deviations to the forecast.
- Make business decisions based on the current and projected liquidity levels.
- Supervise Hedge Accounting activities for the RTC:
- Monitor FX Planning Figure Hedges. Upon updates work with group companies to perform forward-looking check to ensure current year hedging amounts are in line with group-approved limits.
- In the event of over-hedged positions, work with group companies to determine if counter-deals and de-designations are necessary.
- Region subject matter expert for valuation methodology of transactions which have applied Hedge Accounting.
- Ensure Group Companies comply with Back-testing & Hedge Documentation requirements
- Act as point of contact in region for questions concerning hedge accounting related topics, including posting logic.
- Coordinate with Group Treasury Accounting and disseminate to group companies within the North American Region.
- Monitor hedging activities across the RTC: Support and advise group companies through demonstrated knowledge of hedged risks, exposures, and hedging instruments. Present quarterly status/updates to senior management.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of valuation posting logic for all relevant financial transactions in treasury management system (GTP).
- Assist in the internal quarterly control testing.
- Execute interest rate risk management with performance of monthly VaR calculations.
- Support management and maintenance of Treasury Service Master Agreements.
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned by treasury management.
Years of Relevant Experience:
- 5-7 years of accounting, treasury or corporate finance experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) Certification
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Strong MS-Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively will all levels of the organization and outside partners such as banks, auditors and legal counsel
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to self-learn, Strong capacity for interpreting legal content and translating to the business environment
- In-Depth understanding of IFRS 9
- Working experience in the application of hedge accounting under IFRS 9
- Understanding of derivatives and other financial instruments
- Spanish and/or German language proficiency (writing and speaking)
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to work during all non-Federal Reserve holidays (even if a VW holiday)
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply on company website