TempForce Environmental Tech I
Performs general cleaning tasks within and outside of the Medical Center. May remove solid and/or biohazard trash. Knowledgeable of chemicals, procedures, and equipment used in completing assigned tasks.
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Cleans assigned area according to established procedures
- Uses chemicals and supplies appropriately and correctly
- Reports light outages and other maintenance needs to supervisor
- Equipment Operation
- Uses buffers, extractors, vacuums safely and correctly
- Uses buckets, wringers, and other non-electrical equipment correctly
- Cleans and maintains equipment daily to ensure correct and proper operation
- Customer Service
- Collects soiled linen and pillows in public waiting areas
- Greets visitors cheerfully and offers assistance as needed
- Interfaces with other staff in a friendly, professional manner
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Crawling:Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Occasional: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
- Occasional: Radiation: May be exposed to occupational radiation, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Radiation Safety Program which includes training, use of personal protective equipment with lead shielding, and personal dose monitoring.
- Occasional: Climate: Ability to withstand exposure to atmospheric extremes including heat, cold, humidity, and barometric pressure changes.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Apply on company website