The Environmental Tech performs general cleaning tasks within and outside of the Medical Center. May remove solid and/or biohazard trash. Knowledgeable of chemicals, procedures, and equipment used in completing assigned tasks.
Department Summary: The efforts of our Environmental Services staff members each day helps to maintain the cleanliness of the departmental areas and the buildings in which we work.
2nd Shift; 3PM - 11:30PM (TempForce)
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
· Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
· Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
· The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
· American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
· Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
· National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
· Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Cleans assigned area according to established procedures
- Uses chemicals and supplies appropriately and correctly
- Reports light outages and other maintenance needs to supervisor
- Equipment Operation
- Uses buffers, extractors, vacuums safely and correctly
- Uses buckets, wringers, and other non-electrical equipment correctly
- Cleans and maintains equipment daily to ensure correct and proper operation
- Customer Service
- Collects soiled linen and pillows in public waiting areas
- Greets visitors cheerfully and offers assistance as needed
- Interfaces with other staff in a friendly, professional manner
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Crawling:Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Occasional: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
- Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
- Occasional: Radiation: May be exposed to occupational radiation, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Radiation Safety Program which includes training, use of personal protective equipment with lead shielding, and personal dose monitoring.
- Occasional: Climate: Ability to withstand exposure to atmospheric extremes including heat, cold, humidity, and barometric pressure changes.
High School Diploma or GED and < 1 year of experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Apply on company website