Coordinates the registration and pre-admission screening of all customer referrals, including infusion cases; assesses needs and communicates pre-admission data to VNSNY programs and clients. Assesses/evaluates/ identifies the physical, social and psychological needs of referred clients. Provides/performs clinical assessment based on clinical judgment. Works under general supervision.
- Assesses/evaluates/ identifies the physical, social and psychological needs of referred clients using accepted practice standards. Collects/compiles/gathers patients' medical/social/financial information, etc. from various sources and conveys it through electronic (i.e., e-mail, phone, fax, etc.) or written communication, as necessary for admissions to the VNSNY Infusion Program.
- Provides and performs clinical assessment based on clinical judgment, makes initial determination of appropriate program to meet client's needs and establishes/recommends an initial plan of care and/ or changes focusing on patient's needs. Consults with other programs, as needed to ensure and encourage multidisciplinary professional relationships.
- Evaluates data and enters selected data into appropriate Agency/department system/mainframe, as directed. Ensures that clear, complete and accurate referral information is entered in the system and is provided to the appropriate program or other community resources to achieve quality cost effective outcomes and decrease adverse effects.
- Develops/builds relationships with internal and external clients to promote Agency influence care management improvements and ensure collaborative working relationship. Acts as resource person to Intake staff, hospitals, customers, families, caregivers, etc. and provides information on home health care or other community services, as needed.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with Agency policies, practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Acts as an educational resource and interprets VNSNY admission criteria, reimbursement policy and medical relationship policies to patients/family members, as needed. Participates in the orientation of new staff by providing one to one mentoring and education to improve/promote/foster their understanding of polices and admissions criteria.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives and ensures productivity levels and others performance standards for the department is met.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required. CA2020
License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State required. IV Therapy Certification accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation body may be preferred based on operational needs. Valid driver's license may be required, as determined by operational/regional needs.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an approved program required.
Minimum one year Med/Surgical or other professional nursing experience relevant to the assigned program preferred. Clinical competence in nursing and the ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment, listen attentively/evaluate calls/use judgment in a time sensitive environment required. Effective oral/written communication, customer service and interpersonal skills required. Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
If supporting Infusion Program: Minimum of one year of experience in infusion therapy nursing required if supporting Infusion program. Proficiency in venous access and related infusion therapy skills required.
Apply on company website