Provides high quality nursing care and personal care to patients under the direction of the registered professional nurse consistent with VNSNY philosophy, policy, goals and objectives, and Standards of Nursing Practice. Provides nursing care to patients in any of the service areas. Works under moderate supervision.
- Utilizes skills of observation, interviewing and physical/psychosocial assessment to gather relevant data in identifying changes in condition, and assesses patient living conditions and family situations, alerting the registered professional nurse or coach, as appropriate.
- Travels to patients' homes and/or other facilities with varying environments (e.g., elevated buildings, walk-ups, care facilities, single/multiple family homes, presence of pets, etc.) using approved transportation options to deliver direct care to the patient.
- Delivers nursing care to patients in any of VNSNY's services/settings.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with VNSNY policies, practices, procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice, which may require standing, stooping, sitting, crouching, bending and stretching to deliver patient care.
- Transports and utilizes required medical equipment and supplies using VNSNY designated/supplied carrying case weighing approximately 25 – 30 lbs. to and from patient homes/care facilities, VNSNY offices and other locations.
- Participates in the development of treatment plans and interventions with the registered professional nurse.
- Assists the registered professional nurse in carrying out the care plan and performing specialized duties when necessary.
- Provides health instructions to patients and family caregivers in accordance with the registered professional nurse's plan of care.
- Performs technical procedures safely, efficiently, legally and within the scope of practice.
- Documents assessment findings; treatment and interventions provided with patient/family responses in accordance with VNSNY Home Care policies.
- Assumes responsibility for personal professional growth.
- Understands and interprets agency reimbursement policy.
- Collaborates with teammates in setting of team goals, establishment of performance measures, and evaluation of team performance.
- Participates in activities that support achievement of team goals and responsibilities.
- Participates in coordination of day to day service delivery operations of team (e.g. coordination of patient coverage during planned and unplanned absences of teammates.
- Demonstrates awareness and appreciation of roles and contributions of individual team members.
- Participates in peer review with other team members and coach support.
- Participates in the orientation of new team members.
- Serves as team representative for special events and projects, as requested.
- Participates in team meetings and other team activities.
- Shares accountability with team members for achieving team performance goals.
- Performs other duties, as needed, including personal care services.
- For CMHS only:
- Patient assignments are for routine long acting injections and medication delivery.
- For Hospice and Home Care only:
- Assists patients with activities of daily living, which may require positioning, moving, transferring and lifting patients of varying weights and physical conditions, with and without assistance and as appropriate, from family members and/or paraprofessionals.
License and current registration to practice as an LPN in New York State required. Valid driver's license may be required as determined by operational/regional needs.
High School Diploma or completion of LPN Program required.
Minimum of two years work experience as an LPN required. Bilingual skills may be required as determined by operational needs. Home care/hospice experience preferred.
For CMHS only: Experience working in mental health and/or home care strongly preferred.
For Hospice only: Employee will be hired to perform nursing care duties in primarily one area of service (Home Care visits, Hospice Residence shifts, or Crisis Care visits). However the nurse will be cross–trained in each service area and will be expected to perform nursing care duties in all three Hospice services, as needed.
Apply on company website