Coordinates and facilitates the development of relationships and referrals from veteran focused Community Based Organizations and others organizations with a shared interest in veteran issues and concerns to ensure the veteran community receives appropriate VNSNY services. Promotes VNSNY as the provider of choice to meet veteran patient needs. Works under general supervision.
- Provides outreach and education to veteran organizations, community centers, caregiver coalitions, etc. regarding the importance of connecting with veterans benefits as well as the wide range of VNSNY services that can support successful community living.
- Establishes a wide-range of community relationships to generate veteran referrals and admissions.
- Links and facilitates rapid referral and service provision for veterans in need of care and monitors referral process.
- Collaborates with VNSNY internal teams to ensure a positive veteran patient experience.
- Provides education in-services for both internal and external customers.
- Collaboratives with healthcare team members to provide support and direction to veterans and their families regarding VA benefits, protocols and healthcare claims.
- Identifies and provides information on additional community-based resources and services for veteran program members.
- Tracks veteran patient data and outreach activity.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement meetings related to improved quality patient care.
- Acts as a VNSNY representative at institutional and community programs and functions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
Bachelor's Degree in related field or the equivalent work experience required, Master's Degree preferred.
Minimum of two years of experience in human services, sales or marketing, preferably in a healthcare setting, required. Knowledge of VA healthcare system and benefits, including knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid preferred. Exceptional customer service skills required. Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills required. Proficiency in personal computer operations including MS Office applications required. Recognized veteran status with honorable discharge from a US military armed service branch preferred.
Bilingual skills highly desired.
Valid driver's license and insurance required, as determined by operational/regional needs.
Apply on company website