- Promotes and fosters ongoing collaborative communication with healthcare professionals and VNSNY to establish coordinated VNSNY Hospice services.
- Functions as a liaison between external customers, patients, families and VNSNY Hospice.
- Builds relationships, obtains referrals and reviews patient information referred to VNSNY Hospice to determine initial appropriateness of admission.
- Facilitates the safe and timely transfer of patients from a hospital, skilled nursing facility, physician office, or other Home Care site to the care of VNSNY Hospice. Works under moderate supervision.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a business, operational or customer service role in a healthcare setting, preferably Hospice, required.
- Ability to understand medical terminology required.
- Experience entering data, navigating and retrieving information through a mainframe or similar computer system required.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a team based environment required.
- Ability to be persuasive, negotiate to win-win outcomes and demonstrate exceptional customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated capability to gain commitment, build rapport with others (patients, families, physicians, clinicians, institutions etc.) required.
- Strong follow up skills required, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities. Knowledge of managed care, Medicare/Medicaid and insurance authorization/billing helpful but not required.
- Bilingual skills may be required, as determined by operational needs.
Apply on company website