Assists in the coordination and management of all activities associated within a specific program. Provides administrative and clerical support to staff as needed. Works under general direction.
- Inputs, updates and maintains central database of program information. Retrieves/formats information/data and generates reports as needed.
- Performs administrative support functions (e.g. filing, faxing, and copying, etc), including spreadsheet applications.
- Manages distribution, tracking and maintenance of VNSNY issued laptops and licenses for staff, as needed.
- Performs outreach calls to facilities to ascertain status of hospitalized health plan members.
- Complies information and prepares analyses of requested information or data.
- Responds to administrative inquiries or matters from staff and community-based providers. Follows up and resolves administrative issues on a timely basis.
- Works with facilities throughout the boroughs and/or staff within the program to ensure administrative needs are met. Follows up on outstanding requests as necessary.
- Coordinates with Human Resources and other departments to resolve administrative problems or issues (i.e., time requests, payroll and related human resources activities, etc.) to assist in the management of efficient record keeping system for the department.
- Assists Program Manager with gathering data, developing reports, charts to identify trends as needed
- Performs special projects and related duties as required.
For CMHS & Mobile Crisis Management Services only:
- Inputs and maintains insurance and billing information in CMHS systems.
- Works collaboratively with Revenue Cycle department (RCD), CMHS Foothold Administrator, and insurance plans to answer questions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Performs pre-billing review and quality assurance on progress notes, entitlements and demographic data to ensure accuracy of monthly billing and compliance with Medicaid billing regulations. Performs all functions necessary for the completion of timely billing and resubmission of denied claims.
- Coordinates with RCD, Finance and other departments to resolve problems or issues (i.e., invalid and denied claims, incorrect insurance info, etc.)
For Chinatown Community Center only:
- Greets and introduces visitors to the Chinatown Community Center, provides routine information on services provided by the Center, as necessary.
- Contacts physician offices. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with office staff. Conducts telephone outreach and surveys, as requested.
- Participates in planning and coordinating of special events. Maintains Center activity calendar.
- Monitors work assignments of volunteers.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Healthcare or Social Work administration or a related discipline preferred.
Minimum of two years administrative, business or office experience, required. Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access required. Effective oral, written communication and interpersonal skills, required.
For CMHS & Mobile Crisis Management Services only: Experience with Medicaid and managed care billing preferred.
Apply on company website