The VNSNY Education Manager plans, manages, evaluates the consistency and standardization of business operations orientation and ongoing education of policies, clinical standards and training programs for staff across the Enterprise. This person will be responsible for creating and delivering systems training and/or clinical curriculum in either a live or virtual platform. The person in this role requires prior experience as an instructional designer and has Captivate, Articulate, or Macromedia Flash experience.
- Manages and delivers VNSNY-wide and program specific business operations education programs designed to foster effective service delivery through implementation of performance improvement activities.
- Collaborates with staff in the development of an annual training calendar to ensure a coordinated approach to ongoing programs.
- Manages implementation of business operations staff development programs such as orientation, training and other learning activities. Ensures that development and delivery of programs meet the strategic objectives of VNSNY or specific programs.
- Ensures all business operations education programs are in accordance with VNSNY policies and procedures.
- Reviews VNSNY-wide and program specific educational program outcomes and program evaluations to determine areas for improvement and makes recommendations for change and/or new programs for business operations education as appropriate. Presents improvement strategies to department leadership.
- Trains and/or oversees training of new and current staff in VNSNY/program philosophy, policy, standards, procedures, documentation, and efficient, productive, cost-effective work processes.
- Monitors and evaluates performance of newly hired staff and staff referred on for remedial or additional training. Counsels, disciplines, terminates or extends probation for staff based on performance during introductory, probationary or training period.
- Designs new and modifies existing educational curriculum and training materials to ensure staff has current knowledge and competencies to meet program contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Conducts educational needs assessment in collaboration with operations staff to identify learning needs among staff. Analyzes and utilizes assessment data to plan for program educational sessions. Develops education programs such as workshops and/or group learning activities; follows up to ensure programs are effectively implemented.
- Identifies performance issues and develops performance improvement plans for tenured employees in collaboration with management. Evaluates competency and performance in conjunction with program management.
- Reviews and evaluates business operations orientation and ongoing educational program outcomes to determine areas for improvement and recommends changes to current orientation program as appropriate. Participates in the development of revised programs and/or materials.
- Communicates ongoing e-learning opportunities. Evaluates e-learning usage and effectiveness; identifies opportunities for distance learning. Uses instructional systems design principles and adult learning theory to analyze, design, develop and implement E-Learning solutions that support business/performance goals.
- Analyzes course evaluations in order to evaluate effectiveness of training sessions and to implement improvements.
- Participates in the development of annual business operations education strategic goals and objectives.
- Utilizes resources and practices sound fiscal responsibility; provides input for the development of the department budget. Monitors expenditures and ensures compliance with budgetary constraints.
- Ensures program content is presented in a manner that promotes learning and enables trainees to meet competency requirements.
- Demonstrates services excellence and creates and implements education and training programs which are centered on the goals and strategies of the Enterprise.
- Performs other supervisory related duties and projects as assigned.
- Participates in special projects, serves on committees and performs other duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in education, instructional design or a related field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum four years' experience training, organizing workshops and education various levels of staff required.
- Knowledge of computer applications including but not limited to Captivate, Articulate, or Macromedia Flash required.
- Effective oral and written communication, presentation, analytical, coaching and organizational skills required.
- Experience assessing and designing education programs preferred.
- Experience in a health care setting in a teaching capacity with an understanding of adult education and learning processes preferred.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems, patient care, and care coordination preferred.
Apply on company website