Establishes and maintains vendor information and for ensuring that Accounts Payable (“A/P”) is in compliance with vendor year end reporting. Ensures that A/P processes run efficiently and reviews policies and procedures to ensure they continue to meet the agency's operational needs. Maintain employee and vendor records in A/P invoice automation system. Assists with performing audits and improving processes. Works under moderate supervision.
- Ensures timely completion of A/P new vendor set up and existing vendor changes.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes A/P control reports for accuracy and appropriateness of payments.
- Establishes and maintains vendor record file. Ensures necessary vendor information is included in record (i.e. name, address, tax reporting status, etc). Researches new vendors to ensure that VNSNY can do business with them. May need to follow up with vendor to obtain missing information.
- Ensures proper collection and storage of vendor forms such as ACH authorization, W9, etc.
- Works with vendors, staff and management to maintain high level of quality service delivery to our customers and vendors.
- Verifies and processes employee expense requests to be paid weekly.
- Reviews and reconciles corporate card expenses.
- Assists management in recommending, testing and implementing system and process enhancements for all A/P systems. Establishes various testing specifications/scenarios and administers testing of new A/P processes or modifications to systems/software, including upgrades, to ensure appropriate outcome.
- Assists management in ensuring timely and accurate processing of year-end forms and data.
- Uses system reporting capability to supply A/P financial information to management and auditors.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
High School diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred.
Minimum of three years experience related to Accounts Payable required. Proficient with personal computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel required. Knowledge of Workday and understanding of how to edit/generate queries preferred. Knowledge of vendor process and A/P functions within Workday is strongly preferred. Effective oral/written communication skills, and analytical skills required.
Apply on company website