When you're the best, we're the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
The Pharmacy Executive will work with the pharmacy network member hospitals, Vizient, and their strategic distribution and supplier partners to provide cost-effective pharmacy formulary management, performance improvement, and revenue enhancement consulting services. Specific areas of involvement will include project management, subject matter expertise, directing a team of analysts, contracting and legal support staff to identify and implement non-salary cost reduction initiatives, revenue enhancement, and performance improvement opportunities with a group of highly-committed, engaged, health-systems located across Florida.
- Collaborate with an internal team of pharmacists, analysts and support staff to develop and implement pharmacy cost reduction opportunities across a group of health-systems.
- Develop and manage projects/initiatives for health care organizations targeting contracting and clinical utilization opportunities as well as innovative strategies to reduce cost through super-system aggregation, standardization, inventory management and market-share conversion.
- Assess and analyze historical pharmaceutical purchases to identify and develop the necessary implementation documents and communication methodologies to obtain savings within numerous medication therapeutic categories among a diverse group of health-systems based.
- Work with pharmacy leaders to identify, discuss, and facilitate changes in purchasing and utilization throughout each members health system. Maximizing market share and product standardization, resulting in best tier pricing.
- Serving in a support role with a Vizient Sourcing Executive during supplier and distributor negotiations which includes the support of request for information, proposal (RFI, RFP, etc.).
- Assist the internal analytics team in the development of a scorecard for the ongoing tracking of spend and implementable savings presented quarterly to pharmacy leadership and/or external pharmacy leaders and member executives.
- Present implementable savings initiatives, clinical literature review, and summarized data findings on a regular basis to all pharmacy committee members. Developing strategies for improving clinical utilization resulting in cost reduction or revenue enhancement.
- Work with Vizient (group purchasing organization), pharmacy network members, and strategic Supply and Distribution partners to improve contract price communications, product availability, and contract performance to better align the pharmacy supply chain with the member maximizing value for all.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy required. Doctor of Pharmacy is preferred. A masters in in Business Administration is highly preferred. Board of Pharmacy registration required.
- Experience with Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee activities is desired.
- 7 years minimum experience in pharmacy and/or in a progressive academic health system.
- Possess excellent analytical skills including the ability to organize and manipulate large quantities of data.
- Graduate training in an accredited College of Pharmacy (M.S. or Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy) having completed a clinically-oriented pharmacy residency (ASHP accredited) is preferred. Recognition or certification by the pharmacy profession is preferred (FASHP, BCPS).
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, and PowerPoint software is required.
- Be able to travel up to 20% with primary location in the Fort Myers, FL area.
Estimated Hiring Range:$131,300.00 - $195,400.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website