Veritude is hiring for a Systems Engineer at Fidelity Investments in Durham, NC
The FERM Technology Group provides strategic technology solutions and thought leadership to Fidelity Enterprise Risk Management and Enterprise Content Management program.
The Systems Engineer will support and maintain applications and infrastructure used for the archiving of various electronic communication channels. Issues will be escalated to the team and management as needed.
The position includes design, installation, and administration of various applications to support the retention, retrieval and supervision of electronic communications.
- Support and maintain Symantec Enterprise Vault, Microsoft SQL and compliance infrastructure systems.
- Follow engineering/operations methodology that includes requirements, design, certification, implementation, and release management.
- Develop and document relevant engineering documentation and operational run books.
- Perform scheduled weekend and after-hours work, as well as after-hours emergency work, as required.
- Candidate should be familiar with Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Microsoft SQL.
- Working on development and support of Amazon Web services web 3 bucket and NiFi build and support of clusters and workflows
- Help build and support Postfix MTA build and support
- Candidate should also have working knowledge of journaling and retention environments.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- 10 years of Microsoft Experience with at least 5-7 providing direct operations with Microsoft Technologies.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification and MCSE a plus
- SaaS and Cloud experience are beneficial
Skills and Knowledge
- Application integration; familiarity with utilizing API's for data collection and reporting
- Experience engineering/sizing, installing, configuring, and maintaining mission critical applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCOM
- Ability to communicate well with team and customer, both written and verbally & attention to detail
- Active Directory hands on experience
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools
- Ability to assess performance data and determine system bottlenecks
- Work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in PowerShell
- Familiar with the Agile methodology and JIRA would be helpful
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit www.fidelity.com.
Apply on company website