Security Representative – Asset Protection Consultant (Contractor)
Fidelity TalentSource is seeking an Security Representive for Fidelity Investments. This position can be based in Covington, KY.
Are you a motivated, dedicated professional looking to make a change over to a career that promises significant growth? We have just the opportunity you've been waiting for! Founded in 1986, Fidelity TalentSource is the internal staffing resource for Fidelity Investments, one of the country's top financial services firms. We are currently seeking top candidates to serve Fidelity as Security Representative. Working as part of a team, you will play an integral role in creating peace of mind for Fidelity and its customers by protecting company assets, minimizing risk, and ensuring overall safety at a variety of locations.
This is not a typical “security guard” position, and no prior security or law enforcement experience is required. We will train you to actively patrol and respond to breaches and other threats against the firm, as well as acting as a first-responder in emergency situations. This contract role is also an entry point to positions throughout Fidelity, with a diverse range of advancement opportunities, not only within the division, but also to non-security careers such as a Financial Representative. This position comes with very competitive compensation and benefits. If you are ready for a rewarding new challenge with a global financial leader, and if you meet our qualifications (including a full background check), then we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Protection Consultant, you will provide best-in-class security for Fidelity Investments, conducting focused patrols by foot or vehicle in order to protect people, property, and information within your assigned area of responsibility. You will work as part of a team, but must also be prepared to act independently as the situation may warrant.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
· Checking electronic and mechanical devices that require monitoring and recording, and reporting any abnormal conditions
· Ensuring that facilities and restricted areas are properly secured
· Verifying need for entry and issuing badges to visitors
· Rendering first-responder services to all emergencies and incidents within the scope of your training
· Preparing written incident reports
· Using various computer applications
· Using various manuals and automated equipment such as fire extinguishers, first aid supplies, etc.
· Providing access control, security, and customer interface at fixed posts to include lobby entry points, executive reception areas, and event-related assignments
· Answering phone calls and documenting all messages and requests
· Performing specialized additional duties relating to controlling computer systems and facility access as needed
As a Security Representative, you must be motivated, engaged, ambitious, and looking to build a long-term career. This is not a desk job, and you must be prepared to work as part of a team, acting quickly and professionally as you respond to urgent, potentially stressful situations. You must also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as you will interact with a variety of department managers and staff in addition to external visitors.
Please note: Hire for this position is contingent upon successful completion of a thorough background check, including criminal, credit and education history, previous work experience/references, and a drug screen.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- 2 years' experience in a role requiring solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to spend periods of time walking or standing at a fixed post
- Ability to perform first-responder rescue activities involved with medical or facility emergency situations
- Knowledge of basic first aid and CPR, or the ability to acquire such knowledge through training
- Knowledge of basic physical security techniques and principles, or the ability to acquire such knowledge through training
- Ability to present a neat, clean, non-threatening appearance and professional demeanor
- Ability to demonstrate poise and self-control under stress
- Basic computer proficiency
- Dedication to excellent customer service
- Good analytical skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, nights, or weekends
- Some college, preferred; bachelor's degree or equivalent, a plus; criminal justice degree, a plus
As a Security Representative with Fidelity TalentSource, you will be working with Fidelity Investments, one of the nation's largest and most respected financial firms. Though you will work as a W2 contractor, top performers are regularly hired by Fidelity on a permanent, full time basis, with potential for advancement to management and trainer positions. What's more, you will also be well positioned to move into a wide range of other non-security related roles throughout the organization – you might even choose to eventually take a role as a Fidelity Investments Financial Advisor.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits, including:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Hospital indemnity plan
· Term life insurance with AD&D coverage
· Short- and long-term disability plan
· Referral program
· Access to group and home insurance rates
· Schedule flexibility
· Weekly pay
Apply on company website