Veritude is seeking a Solutions Architect for Fidelity Investments. This role will be based at 900 Salem Street in Smithfield, RI.
Fidelity's Workplace Solutions (WS) Digital Platforms Technology team designs, develops, implements and supports WS's suite of Internet products and services. The Digital Platforms development team focuses on delivering innovative solutions that meet the needs of our customers. Our systems professionals thrive with an unyielding commitment to innovation, which fosters a culture of continuous improvement and significant achievement. This is a fast paced group that is using cutting edge technologies to create powerful tools and a best in class user experiences for our customers using Java-based technologies.
The Purpose of your role
In this role, you will serve as a Principal Solution Architect who will play a Technical Lead role within the Digital Platforms Development team. You will be responsible for the creation of quality web-based software applications and components that are used by Fidelity's workplace and retail customers. You will work closely with the product owner, scrum master, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to design, build, test, and deliver the features that make up Fidelity's internet experience. In addition to building quality software components, you will analyze and recommend changes in project development policies, procedures, standards and strategies. You will also be expected to provide guidance and mentoring to the other developers within the scrum team.
This role calls for advanced cloud-based application design knowledge and may necessitate acquiring specific business background though training and application experience. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience requires an artful blend of human ingenuity and technology. People who are phenomenal cultural fits demonstrate curiosity to learn, are unafraid to break things, step up to take the lead, take ownership of their projects, and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrated mastery of previous level skills and responsibilities of relevant job family
- 8+ years of end-to-end design, development and delivery of applications and platforms.
The Skills you bring
Your background in the following will prove necessary:
- High level of expertise in Vanilla JS, Node.JS, web components, various front-end frameworks, and the latest ECMAScript specifications.
- Deeply aware of cross-browser support, required polyfills, and forward-thinking enhancement.
- Proven ability to integrate DevOps, DevSecOPs, ands GitOps to continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Knowledge of full-stack cloud solutions, serverless architecture, and containerization strategies.
- Quality-first, testable solutions leveraging TDD and BDD.
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM environment with Lean Startup, Design Thinking a plus.
- Deep understanding of version control system management leveraging various Git workflows.
- Passionate about technology and delivering solutions in an integrated digital environment.
- Working experience of Inversion of Control, dependency injection, and MVC design pattern
- Experience with Open Source Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Core. XML, Integration with RESTful Web Services
- Strong internet security knowledge and standard methodologies
Your experience with the following will be a plus:
- GIT, Maven, Jenkins, uDeploy, JIRA
- Node JS, Angular JS and Backbone JS
- Containerization and cloud deployment
- Server Side Java, J2EE, REST, SQL, JUnit, and Tomcat
The Value you deliver
- Your ability to work in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Your proven mentoring ability and genuine passion for success and accountability for self and others
- Your ability to work directly with product and design teams to derive ideal software solutions
- Your ability to influence others and integrate effectively into the inclusive culture
- Your facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution
- Your comprehensive knowledge of internet, mobile, and application architecture, as well as current and emerging technologies
- Your expert understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning
- Your ability to lead a team of developers, which includes assigning development activities to team members and monitoring the progress of those activities
- Your ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Your strong analytical skills and ability to tackle issues by making timely decisions based on facts, knowledge, experience and judgment
- Your ability to quickly learn, adapt and thrive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Your ability to provide formal and informal presentations in various settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, and senior management
- Your ability to communicate effectively with and to influence team members and external groups
- Your ability to navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
- Your ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Your strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Your desire to be detail-attentive, very responsive and committed to quality
How your work impacts the organization
Our goal within Digital Platforms is to create a user experience that delights our customers, anticipates their needs and matches services or solutions to support effective decision making. You will be responsible for delivering new products and services that will greatly enhance the digital experience for our Workplace Solutions customers.
Apply on company website