Veritude is looking to hire a Fund Account Analyst at Fidelity Investments, located in Westlake, TX.
You speak the language of “debits and credits” with strong analytical skills and a solid accounting foundation, you prepare mutual funds for daily valuation which provides retirement growth for our shareholders.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
- One year of financial services experience preferred
The Purpose of Your Role
The analyst's primary role is to validate impacts to mutual fund's NAVs, Mils, and Yields to ensure shareholder's interest are properly protected as well as Fidelity's reputation.
As part of the FPCMS business unit, the Accounting Operations group is responsible for calculating, analyzing, and validating impacts to the NAVS, Mils, and Yields while adhering to policy, procedures, and regulatory guidelines along with other ad-hoc responsibilities. In addition to the technical aspect of the role, you will also perform project work, look for process improvements, partake in training and development opportunities and be part of a larger team effort. Depending on the project that you support, the work hours may vary from early morning shifts to more, standard work hours. The ability to work overtime and be flexible is strongly encouraged.
The Skills You Bring
- Your organizational and time management skills will allow us to account for our mutual funds in a tight deadline orientated environment.
- Your attention to detail will be key in helping you problem solve and validate impacts to mutual funds.
- The ability to research is critical as you will have to communicate with business partners and use internal systems to prevent and/or correct issues.
- A team oriented attitude is critical as we work with team members to provide proper mutual fund valuation.
- You have strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (such as Word or Excel – VBA coding knowledge a plus), ability to train on and work with different operating systems.
- Your strong organizational and time management skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Your ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.
- You are able to recognize high-risk items and escalate those items or seek assistance to minimize loss to either the shareholder or Fidelity.
The Value You Deliver
- Researching and validating mutual fund impacts using accounting systems to protect shareholder's interests.
- Participating in continuous process improvements across the organization.
- Identifying and participating in development of cross divisional business initiatives.
- Communicating with internal and external business partners to resolve issues and provide customer solutions.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Accounting group is responsible for maintaining proper valuation of the books and records for all mutual funds within Fidelity Investments family of Retail and Institutional products. The group performs a crucial role in accurately valuing mutual funds which serves to protect shareholder interest and Fidelity's reputation as a leader in the industry.
As part of Fidelity's Pricing and Cash Management Services (FPCMS) business unit, the Accounting and Pricing Services (APS) division provides accounting and pricing services to all of the Fidelity Retail and Institutional products, including books and records maintenance, securities' pricing, and net asset value, yield and distribution rate calculations. The Fund Accounting department performs the daily pricing and bookkeeping for retail funds and institutional funds within FPCMS.
Apply on company website