Veritude is seeking a Scrum Master for Fidelity Investments. This position will be based at 900 Salem Street in Smithfield, RI.
As a Scrum Master, you'll be a part of a highly collaborative, cross-functional Scrum team. You'll advise and lead the squads on Agile values, practices and processes to ensure that the squad is fully functional, productive, and focused on the sprint goal.
• Strong understanding of and experience with Agile practices, processes, and artifacts;
• Practical and related experiences in leading squads;
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), at minimum.
The Purpose of Your Role:
As a Scrum Master, you will work directly in a squad or team to advise and oversee performance against agile values, practices and processes. Working with the squad leader (or product owner), you will support the work of the squad by maintaining the backlog and facilitating agile ceremonies like stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives. You will monitor team performance through the squad's dashboard and help identify continuous improvement opportunities to help the team work better and smarter.
• Facilitate Agile Scrum ceremonies like stand-ups, sprint planning, release planning, backlog refinement, and retrospective
• Plan and coordinate schedules and resolve dependencies with other scum masters and teams
• Manage and adhere to financial guidelines including project budgets, billing, etc.
• Build relationships across business and technical partners and articulate business and technical information to diverse audiences
• Plan and define team goals and objectives
• Track team performance metrics
The Skills You Bring:
• Your ability to influence behavior without having organizational hierarchy
• Your strong change management skills
• Your ability to brainstorm with the team on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
• Your excellent communication and people-interaction skills
• Your organized and disciplined nature
• Your continuous improvement mindset.
The Value You Deliver:
• Encouraging Agile behaviors, reinforcing practices, norms, ceremonies, and supporting the overall Squad performance and effectiveness
• Identifying team improvement opportunities and looking externally for best practices to support continuous improvement
• Managing and coordinating logistics for Agile ceremonies and practices, e.g., backlog maintenance, sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
• Ensuring all work is tracked in the backlog and properly balanced across team members
• Maintaining and updating the Squad's process metrics and artifacts to ensure accurate and transparent communications to stakeholders
• Driving a collaborative and supportive team culture through team building and engagement practices.
Apply on company website