1100 Maple St Bristol Indiana 46507
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
This position is primarily responsible for leading quality management and performance within the Bristol Utility site. It requires a broad understanding of the Utility product, from understanding how it is manufactured including inspection requirements for each product feature, and a strong understanding of how the product is to be installed and function.
This position will work directly with multiple departments within the site, such as production, fabrication, project managers and quality assurance technicians. As with many of the roles within the QA (Quality Assurance) organization, this position may be called upon to support other events, such as internal product and process audits and customer pre and postproduction manufacturing evaluations.
- This position reports to the General Manager of the Bristol facility and will have direct reports
- This position may require some travel with the possibility of some overnight stays
- Monitor product standards, examining samples of raw materials and testing during processing to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality
- Accurately document and describe quality non-compliances and nonconformance
- Monitor compliance with customer specifications and Utility work instructions and specifications
- Interact professionally with clients and co-workers
- Reviews and schedules production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures and duty assignments
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems
- Coordinate and recommend procedures for facility and equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines
- Maintain current knowledge of the quality control field, relying on current literature pertaining to materials use, technological advances and statistical studies
- Concrete manufacturing experience
- Have good knowledge on concrete mix designs and use of admixtures
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, although most frequent lift is up to 20 pounds
- Ability to perform manual labor while in the field, wear all necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), and work in an environment where there is exposure to various weather elements
- Conduct business on behalf of the Company in full compliance with the laws of the many jurisdictions in which we operate
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors, which conform to all Valmont safety policy and procedures
Other Important Details about the Role:
- Knowledge and ability to apply common industry code standards (ASTM, ACI, PCI, and CMEC)
- Assist with system, process, and product audits on behalf of Valmont
- Quality Corrective Action Request (QCAR) oversight/tracking
- Ability to assess customer quality concerns, determine root cause, and make recommendations to the commercial support team for resolution
- Report findings to management with a recommendation to remedy
- Oversee the remedy including performing final inspection if necessary
- Assist with pre-production visits by the customer and/or their designate
- Provide assurance to the customer the quality system is in place to ensure their product will be produced correctly
- Provide on-site support to long-term field projects
- Participate in internal product and process audits as time permits
- General knowledge of manufacturing specifications
- Complete audits of products and processes in the field and in the manufacturing process
- Audit products delivered to customer sites for conformance to specifications if required
- Identify and maintain quality performance data and metrics
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Preferred Bachelor's degree with 6+ years relevant experience or Associate's degree with 8+ years of experience or 10+ years of relevant quality experience
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Very detail oriented
- Well organized
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff (shop or senior management)
- Strong, effective and thoughtful communicator; measured in interactions with customers, third party representatives, co-workers, and other Valmont contacts
- Ability to constructively coach staff/teams and course correct
- Certifications to be obtained within first year:
- ACI Strength Testing Technician
- ACI Laboratory Testing Technician – Level 1
- ACI Laboratory Testing Technician – Level 2
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1
- ACI Self-Consolidating Concrete Testing Technician
- INDOT Certifications for Concrete Batch Plants
Work is typically performed divided among between an office setting and manufacturing, shipping and inventory storage areas to evaluate effectiveness of the operations. Work includes visits to indoor and outdoor locations during all seasons of the year. Safety glasses with side shields and safety shoes with metatarsal protection will be required to enter certain areas as well as hearing protection. While in an office setting, the incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in various meetings. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding most of the time. Occasional travel may be required to sites within the area, but overnight travel is rare.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk when moving about the office. A few areas of the site require the use of stairs to access the zone. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds in working with large files, binders, and boxes of paper. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website