20805 Eaton Ave Farmington Minnesota 55024-7932
We're Here to Move the World Forward.
Valmont impacts millions of people around the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to make life better.
Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
A Brief Summary of This Position
The Polisher position is an individual contributor in the Polishing Department. This person must be a highly driven individual that will prepare finished shafts for protection in shipment as directed by work instruction
- Responsible for inspecting materials to ensure that products meet established quality standards and quantities are correct for each order
- Inspect aluminum shafts and evaluate condition
- Remove dents, grind and router as needed
- Prepare finished shafts for protection in shipment as directed by work instruction
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- The employee must maintain a safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Ability to stand and operate a machine for extended periods of time.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction.
- This position reports to the Shipping Lead/Shift Lead.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop drawings.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to accurately perform basic arithmetic calculations
- Ability to read and work with prints, drawings and work documents
- Ability to accurately take measurements using close tolerance measuring instruments
- Acceptable attendance and prior employment record
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions .
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- 1 – 3 years of experience in manufacturing position.
- Familiarity with radial saws, hand tools, overhead cranes and general shop safety
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website