1501 S Euclid Ave Tucson Arizona 85713
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Operations Manager position at our Global Engineered Support Structures facility in Tucson, Arizona. The Operations Manager is responsible for the planning, forecasting and management of transportation; inventory materials and resources and labor; for training and supervising labor; maintenance and operation of tools and equipment; for filling all customer orders and is responsible for all aspects of the company's production and project scheduling; product quality; vendor management; shipping and handling of inbound and outbound shipments; and certain product design elements, including but not limited to review and approval of branch and frond layouts, product improvements and some product development. This leadership position, with the support of staff, shall be responsible to fill all orders on-time, on-or-under-budget, and to Larson quality standards and is the company's primary and accountable interface to the customer for all technical issues and is the company's primary and accountable interface to our customers' installing contractors. This position is responsible for ensuring 100% accuracy of all order fulfillments and shipments. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will manage operation planning & scheduling, productivity, process improvement, quality concerns, safety, environmental compliance and LEAN implementation.
· This position reports into (General Manager) and has (3) direct reports and (7) indirect reports
· This role requires up to (5%) travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
· Review the Scope of Work and other documents with the responsible Project Manager to confirm any and all project details
· Oversee the timely and accurate processing of fabrication drawings and approval of tower fabrication drawings, quality control documentation, picking tickets, packing lists, bills of lading and job exception reports
· Ensure that the product is designed and produced properly to function as intended; and is responsible for processing any design change requests, notices, and redlines necessary to correct or clarify such issues or problems
· Manage production areas to allow the division to meet customer demands, ensure employee safety and retention, and provide a high level of customer service
· Direct the departmental activities in order to meet or exceed plan objectives of the division
· Monitor and coordinate all activities between production control and manufacturing in order to meet plan
· Establish and maintain procedures that ensure high standards of productivity, product quality, cost effectiveness, environmental compliance and safety
· Utilize human and capital resources to meet site goals while consistently serving the needs of the customer
· Supervise responsible areas to hit promised ship dates, tracks and reports performance of departments daily, weekly, and monthly in relation to plans or goals
Other Important Details about the Role:
The Production Manager becomes fully responsible for the successful completion of the job upon receipt of the customer's purchase order and NTP, and receipt of the Scope of Work from the responsible Project Manager. Some key areas in product design include, but are not limited to: port locations, antenna mount configuration, branch distribution, and antenna fit limitations. The Production Manager is responsible for the efficient management of all the key resources needed to produce and ship product including but not limited to: Labor; Inventory Materials; Shop Supplies; Tools and Equipment; Shipping and Transportation; and the Facility.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelor's with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
· Previous experience in a management or supervisory role
· Five years' demonstrated experience of within a manufacturing setting
· Strong scheduling and multi-tasking
· Prior experience in project-based fabrication, construction or manufacturing
· Practical hands on experience in Lean Manufacturing
· Excellent customer relationship management skills
· Excellent scheduling and project prioritization skills
· A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
· Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
· The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
· The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues and effect quick changes based upon evolving customer needs
· The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
· The ability to effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of an audience
· The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Telecommunications, construction management or telecommunications infrastructure background
· Certifications in Lean, Six Sigma, or related training
· Prior experience in wireless communications infrastructure design or construction
· Prior supervision experience in a welding or fabrication industry
· Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
In addition to an office setting, the manager also spends a majority of his or her time on the production floor as well as outside during all seasons of the year and in the manufacturing areas. The manager is expected to wear all necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), as required. This position is exposed to all hazards located at manufacturing sites including noise, fumes, excessive heat and cold, dust, welding arc, all chemicals associated with the manufacturing areas, fire, smoke, unstable debris, confined spaces, and working in high areas. Up to 5 percent travel to domestic locations may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the manager is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The supervisor is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Apply on company website