The Medical Director will lead and manage critical care physicians as well as serve physicians and allied health professionals from multiple specialties in the treatment of critically ill patients. The Director will also participate in the continuum of care for patients from ER into ICU and /or med/surg floor and discharge.
The ideal candidate will leverage their clinical and administrative leadership skills to build upon established efficiencies and further develop critical care services. The hospital is an Integrated Acute Care site, where USACS manages patients in the ED, Hospital Medicine and Critical Care service lines and as a leader you will be part of the IAC leadership team shaping the way care is delivered to these patients
- As the area's only full-service hospital, Springfield Regional Medical Center has provided comprehensive medical services for the residents of Clark County and surrounding communities for over 100 years.
The lovely town of Springfield is located 25 miles northeast of Dayton and 45 miles west of Columbus. Situated on the Mad River, Buck Creek and Beaver Creek, the area offers excellent recreational activities including whitewater rafting, boating and hiking. There are numerous cultural events, a state park, and a variety of appealing housing options. Springfield is the ideal place to enjoy a sense of community with the convenience of easy access to the amenities of Dayton and Columbus.
- Average daily encounters: 27
- The intensivist team includes 4 physicians and 2 APPs
- ED Volume: 95,000
- Newer emergency department was built in 2011 and is arranged in multiple zones with 45 treatment rooms
- Patient population is broad, community-type patient pathology with 18% admission rate
- Excellent specialty support with only pediatric, neurosurgery, trauma and some psychiatry cases transferred
- EM ultrasound
- Electrophysiology Program
- Comprehensive EMS education includes EMT and paramedic training
- Hospitalist team: 20 physicians, 14 APPs
- Average daily encounters: 140
- Flexible schedule
- Primary Stroke Center
- All medical and surgical specialties are represented on the medical staff
- Procedures are optional
- Collaborative work environment
- Equity for all full-time physicians
- Industry-leading, company funded 401k
- Annual CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Outstanding Professional development programs
- Student loan refinancing as low as 2.99%
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Location flexibility and stability of a national group
Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical Center
100 Medical Center Dr.
Springfield, OH 45504-2687
OverviewThe Medical Director will lead and manage critical care physicians as well as serve physicians and allied health pr...
Apply on company website