Tech Lead Application Developers
REMOTE WORK POSSIBLE FOR THIS ROLE*
For our Europe development center in Eindhoven we're looking for an Application Tech Lead that is able to work on enterprise type applications deployed across the world. As a tech lead at UPS you work on enabling the delivery of functionality for highly complex IT Systems. More than 500,000 UPSers move goods, capital and information across the world and deliver over 22 million items to their destinations every day. And our IT Systems make sure this can be done as efficient as possible.
What You'll Do
You collaborate with internal customers as well as with people in multiple agile teams and drive emerging technologies and processes like CI/CD and DevOps to ensure effective and efficient achievement of objectives. Your primary role is to maintain product quality and support teams in all system life cycle activities (e.g. analysis, technical requirements, design, coding, testing and the implementation of software). You work across multiple agile teams to support them on the roadmap goals agreed to, ensuring the work delivered is professional and up to agreed standards, this includes
- Review designs and adjust where needed
- Implement coding standards within the teams
- Mentoring developers in their development
- Interact with corporate partners on system components and backend systems
- Ensure consistency of the product and maintain overall quality
- Develop and implement plans to remediate technical debt
- Maintain code repository and management of Pull Requests
- Introduce new technologies and frameworks
- Improves and optimizes the CI/CD pipeline
- Work with the product owners to ensure technical debt is prioritized
- Engage with the product owner and teams on the design of complex user stories
- Ensure products conform to quality and content standards
What You'll Get
Working in our Europe development center in Eindhoven means working in an international team with onsite people as well as team members located in other parts of the world. You'll be working on projects and implementations of brokerage systems for countries around the world and be part of a large community of agile teams within brokerage. A lot of project communication is done through video so travel is limited and based on need.
What You'll Need
- Education: minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer science, Information Systems Management or Information technology
- 8+ years of IT experience in various development positions with at least 3 years as technical consultant or architect on the Microsoft tech stack
- 5-8 years of experience with software engineering technologies (Visual Studio, C#, Client-Server, SQL Server, XML, JSON and HTML)
- Good understanding of the latest technologies and how to implement them
- Proven experience with design work on existing systems
- Excellent skills in frameworks like MVVM, MVC and SOLID
- Mastering DI/IoC
- Knowing the ins and outs of unit testing (NUnit or Microsoft frameworks augmented with mock supporting objects)
- Experienced in Windows Forms and WPF
- Analytical and problem solving. Motivated to self-learning and deepen your understanding of the fields you're assigned to.
- Coaching experience within an agile environment
- You're able to Lead others by seniority and knowledge
What You'll Get
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits including company pension scheme and discounts at major retailers.
- Industry-leading training to build on your existing talents.
- Plenty of opportunity to progress – thanks to our ‘promotion from within policy'.
*Remote work is possible with this role (flexible work) – you can work from anywhere in Holland, but commuting to Eindhoven twice a week is requested.
Working for UPS
UPS has been around for over 110 years and part of the success is the belief that people make the difference. Our success is stability, long term employment and providing opportunities to grow within. UPS Supply Chain Solutions is our provider for services in logistics and transportation and is represented in over 1,000 locations across 120 countries worldwide. Our service portfolio focuses on international airfreight and sea freight, customs clearings and contract logistics.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website