Supply Chain Consultant – Central UK (Birmingham, Derby, Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield)
We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We are looking for a Supply Chain Consultant to join our UK Solutions Department.
You will analyze Customers supply Chain and provide value to customers to gain, retain, and grow UPS´s business across functions, by demonstrating solutions to support improving customers' bottom line. You support Sales in developing strategies to leverage technology, engineering and sustainability solutions that align with our customers' objectives.
What you'll Do
- Participates in strategy meetings with Sales & Sales management to identify customer opportunities where UPS Solutions can be positioned.
- Conducts research to understand the customer's business to maximize discussions on added value solutions.
- Evaluates customers' business (e.g., processes, issues, needs, etc.) by Supply Chain Mapping, and proposes viable solutions to obtain financial, quality, and process improvements, that increase cost savings or enhance efficiency.
- Prepares customer proposals and presentations to demonstrate the added value of UPS's solutions that grow the business.
- Delivers customer proposals and presentations that propose new ideas, methods, and technology for streamlining processes that will obtain the customers' commitment.
- Attends Business Development sales meetings and customer events to represent Customer Solutions.
What you'll get
Industry-leading training will build on your existing talents, while our policy of promoting from within will give you every opportunity to progress. You can also look forward to a competitive salary and excellent benefits including company car, laptop and mobile phone. Due to the nature we are looking for someone based from Central Midlands up to Manchester.
During the current COVID 19 outbreak we are enabling all staff to work remotely from home providing all necessary equipment
What you'll need
- Minimum Bachelor degree or equivalent (preferred in Supply Chain or Business, etc)
- Previous experience in Logistics, Consultancy, Customer Facing or Sales, will be an asset
- Good interpersonal skills, good at networking & high level of empathy
- Excellent oral & written communication, active listener, assertive & a confident presenter
- Able to work collaboratively with team members, and as well function independently
- Good at problem solving, enjoys challenges, is tenacious and motivated, & is an “out of the box” thinker
- Driver's license
- Good knowledge of the MS-Office tools
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website