UPS Cartage Services Inc. is seeking an Air Freight Agent to affect the organization by supporting and coordinating airfreight trade services, products and operations. The ideal candidate for Air Freight Agent will have at least six months to one-year experience in a fast-paced office environment in the transportation industry and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision with a high attention to detail.
The Air Freight Agent may be responsible for:
- Screening and moving Cargo. This may require lifting up to 70 pounds
- Maintaining ongoing relationships, providing support, resolving problems for customers, opening supply requests for customers and centers, and preparing monthly reports
- Providing in-bound telephone customer support in a call center/general office environment and determining the nature of the call or inquiry
- General administrative duties such as distributing mail, preparing reports, processing forms, tracking shipments and orders, and data input
- Using a multi-line to provide excellent customer support
- Communicating effectively in order to solve intermediate level problems and assisting with basic research
- Timely communication with origins and consignees and / or other UPS offices regarding any issues affecting the shipments
- Complying with corporate requirements on carrier performance
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Six months to one year customer service experience or general administrative experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision with a high attention to detail
- Rapid and accurate typing and data entry skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- A strong knowledge of transportation process for Domestic and International shipping and documentation
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2000 applications: MS Word and Excel and Outlook
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Candidates must have at least six months general office experience in the transportation industry.
Candidate must have a legal right to work in the US
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Read the Philadelphia Fair Chance Hiring Law here.
Apply on company website